Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

registry keys incorrect message on diagnostic log

I used Virtual Technician because McAfee came up with a warning to do it. So I did and now it has a can't correct message that i was going to post here but that block can't be copy/pasted.  So the item says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\McShield\Configuration ScanProcessesDelaySeconds  --this message is all in red after a listing as Expected Registry Value not Present

One more below that says:

Expected Registry Value not Present

Expected: ini log txt trc

Existing: ini log txt trc wiki-publisher log1 evtx mui

then in red:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\McShield\Configuration SmoothWritesExtensions

later below in this same diagnostic log it says:

DAT and Engine  -   1 DAT/Engine update and below that

DAT not Up to date

expected: 6813

Engine Up to date

also: Under health Check Details

Top Issue:Content Issue

Fix Verification

Top Issue: iDispatch Top Issue Detection

Top Issue: Core Components Failed to install

That is the end of the red flagged areas!

So my question is--is this important? And what do I do about it?

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 12

Re: registry keys incorrect message on diagnostic log

Hi jpvicki,

I believe you should be seeing a similar screen from McAfee Virtual Technician once after diagnosing the issue. Kindly select fix all and proceed to restart your computer.

If needed perform a manual update in the McAfee product until you get the expected DAT.

6807 MVT.JPG

0 Kudos
Level 20

Re: registry keys incorrect message on diagnostic log

It is not changing the date. Did you have an old MVT installed? If so you needed to uninstall it and install the new version. that said try rerunning the new 1 and if no solution which happens sometimes a uninstall reinstall is necessary ie

Reboot and run

reinstall from your account

0 Kudos