saty
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 131 of 153

Re: "Your Computer is Not Fully Protected" message

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED ??????

I HAVE TWO YEARS LEFT, BUT I'M NOT LIVING WITH THIS

I to been getting the same problem for weeks and its getting annoying now. i always get the message everytime i boot up my pc and i have to click on the "fix" button to get rid of it. Im using comcast mcafee on vista 32 and im sure im not infected with anything. I tryed reinstalls but still the issue continues. i been using mcafee with comcast for years and i really hope this issue is solved soon, cause clearly from all the topics/message about this issue, its the software and not the users that is the problem.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 133 of 153

Viperrrr  what version are you running.

I am using the latest 3-User McAfee Total Protection and after reading this thread I am having the exact same problems as mentioned above. Many times during the day my little "M" Icon tells me my computer is not protected and I hit the fix button only to have the software do the same thing a few hours later. I have scanned for malware (none) and I find this problem just be be very annoying. Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Message was edited by: DarkSacrifice on 12/4/09 8:21 AM

Message was edited by: DarkSacrifice on 12/4/09 8:23 AM

Message was edited by: DarkSacrifice on 12/4/09 8:30 AM

Message was edited by: DarkSacrifice on 12/4/09 10:44 AM
Highlighted

security center: 9.15

VS: 13.15

FW: 10.15

parent controls: 11.15

backup: 3.15

security center: 9.15

VS: 13.15

FW: 10.15

parent  controls: 11.15

The "Your Computer is Not Fully Protected" has popped up off-and-on, with no serious effect, until the last week.  Boots after updates (as well as two (2) on-the-fly warnings) have produced similar results as posted on this thread:  real-time scanning disabled, Systems Guards disabled, etc.  This was especially pronounced today, with a triple boot sequence (Microsoft update and a couple of product uninstalls).

Until today, the problems were "fixable", or occasionally "fixed" without intervention.  It seems that each daily update increases the frequency of these problems.  If the daily updates are only "DAT" maintenance, can this cause timing problems at boot time (or just after the update(s) are installed?

It's getting ridiculous !!

saty
Level 7
Message 138 of 153

It's getting actionable

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 139 of 153

Agreed it is annoying will restir the pot. Maybe better to disable updates and check 1 time a day just before shutting down to reduce instances till Mcafee sorts this out

I have tried to take it OFF my computer because I am sick of the hassle, but it will not allow me to remove it.  This is one of the most frustrating programs I have every had.