Did you mean: 
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 61 of 153

RE: Update, No resolution.

Me too
Highlighted

Checking the email addresss as well as checking it does a couple other things in the background. Worth running. I still feel from what I hear it is the mcsubdb files both the dat and bak versions that are messed up.

Austin who was the t3 First name only ?
Highlighted

Karem or Karesh or something...
Sorry, he was really hard to understand.
He gave me a phone number to call if the problem resurfaced, it did soon after he hung up and when I called the number it was Dish Network. ARGHHHH! :eek:
Highlighted

What is Dish network? Only 1 I see is a satellite network provider?

Have you retried? I adde dit early into our call notes for next monday but the t3s who join us usually read these early in case we ask hard questions so if I hear anything will scream.

Actually will email T3 directly.
Highlighted

How many of you with this issue have Real Time scanning disabled in the message . IIn fact post what is disabled please.

Austin you are upgrading OS soon maybe retest then. This at least what I have been told
Highlighted

Yes, a satellite network.
I installed AVG and it works fine.
I would like to switch back, if McAfee can solve this.
I did not get a call back from T3 today like he promised. sad
Highlighted

How's the BETA working out?
Highlighted

Not bad there are 1 or 3 issues but nothing that annoys me longer than a few minutes:o

I was told you agreed to reinstall the OS as there were some OS issues in your event log.

Are you going to or waiting for win 7 and a fix.
Highlighted

I think I'm having the same issues as you guys. Every couple of hours or so, mcAfee realtime protection stops along with internet security.

The two parts that turn off are Email&IM and Realtime Protection. This is one of the errors I get from the event log, but there's not always an error there. My OS is fine. My configuration is fine. I'm using Vista 64 bits.

A thread in process C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe took longer than 90000 ms to complete a request.
The process will be terminated. Thread id : 2588 (0xa1c)
Thread address : 0x0000000012166360
Thread message :

Build VSCORE.14.0.0.433 / 5301.4018
Object being scanned = \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Dead Space\Dead Space.exe
by C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
4(0)(0)
4(0)(0)
7200(0)(0)
7595(0)(0)
7005(0)(0)
7004(0)(0)
5006(0)(0)
5004(0)(0)

But there are lots of times where virus control just turns off without any events in the event viewer. I'm left with a virus scanner that does not work. Reinstalling did not help. Reinstalling my OS is not an option.

Any ways to fix this?
Highlighted

Mcafee is looking into it that is why we ask questions and some have techs call them.

The strange thing is no issues this end I have a 9.15 and a beta version running with no issues.

What is actually being disabled from above I get Real time scanning, Anti spam, Firewall can you be specific as I have been asked to get specific details.

Can you post your PC specs and Operating system as well as service pack version. What browser are you using?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community