cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gulpener
Level 7

"McAfee on-acces scanner service" uses 100% cpu when visiting internet websites.

Please help. "McAfee on-acces scanner service" uses up to 100% cpu when visiting internet websites. It varies usually between 80 and 100%

This includes watching movies on youtube.

This makes visiting websites and watching youtube movies almost impossible.

Message was edited by: gulpener on 10/2/13 9:05:38 AM CDT

Message was edited by: gulpener on 10/2/13 9:06:33 AM CDT
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: "McAfee on-acces scanner service" uses 100% cpu when visiting internet websites.

What version of McAfee is installed?   Can you open SecurityCenter and click About and post the versions for SecurityCenter and SiteAdvisor please?  Also post what operating system and service pack (if applicable) this is ( right-click Computer and select Properties) and what versions of all your browsers that are installed are (Help/About) and are they up to date including all their add-ons?

See the last link in my signature below and run malware checks using Stinger and perhaps AdwCleaner too.

0 Kudos
gulpener
Level 7

Re: "McAfee on-acces scanner service" uses 100% cpu when visiting internet websites.

Thank you for your reply.

McAfee version

SecurityCenter 12.8 last update 26- nov- 2013

SiteAdvisor 3.6 last update   2- oct- 2013

Sony Vaio

Opertating system is windows 8  64 bit x64 processor

Intel i5 2,6 Ghz

8 GB ram

I have IE version 10 installed and Firefox version 24.0 and they are both up to date. I'm only useing Firefox though.

Stinger and adwcleaner didn't find anything.

Message was edited by: gulpener on 10/2/13 4:30:22 PM CDT

Message was edited by: gulpener on 10/2/13 4:33:10 PM CDT
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

That all sounds good to me.  Then all I can assume is a software clash, maybe, but in these forums it's difficult to be sure.

Does the high CPU usage continue if you switch browsers?   Maybe an add-on is reacting, but what I can't say.

It may be in your best interest to contact Technical Support.   It's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos

gulpener,

I have a clarification whether you running any P2P application such Utorrent or Bit torrent in the background as you said this happens while accessing Internet..!

Regards

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Also check your system clock as this date is suspect":

McAfee version

SecurityCenter 12.8 last update 26- nov- 2013

0 Kudos