cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with printer after installing mcafee

I have not been able to use my printer since I installed Mcafee. Can someone help me with it.

I have a toshiba satellite A205 and I am using my dell AIO 924.

When I go to rint a page I get a pop up screen that tells me that I am not connected to a USB cable and I have checked all the ports

and no of them will work with my printer.

Please help.

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: need help with printer after installing mcafee

I just asked about this on our weekly conference call with McAfee and it was a known issue with Toshiba machines.

You will have to make sure that the software is allowed full access in the firewall as it is probably only outgoing by default.

Is your taskbar icon shield-shaped or square with an M inside?   I need to know the version before I commit to how you do that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/07/10 6:06:26 EDT PM
0 Kudos

see next post

Message was edited by: candlemakerkimmy on 7/19/10 4:56:20 PM CDT
0 Kudos

it is a red shield with a white M inside.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Thanks and apologies for my misspellings - have corrected same.  Moved this to SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 as that appears to be your version.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection to expand it

Click Firewall

Click Program Permissions - takes a little while to load.

Locate the software for your printer and ensure it has full access - it can be changed by highlighting it and then clickng the Edit button.

If it isn't listed you can use the Add button to add it by browsing to the .exe file in the folder within C:\ProgramFiles.

See if that helps.

If not I suggest contacting Technical Support Chat under Useful Links above.

If the software was purchased retail within the last 30 days there is free phone support too via McAfee Support above.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Forgot to add, unplug the printer, shut down.  Plug it in and reboot.  See if that helps.

Also make sure you are up to date with ALL updates whether or not they are critical.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/07/10 6:57:46 EDT PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

By the way what is your operating system and service pack?  (Right-click Computer - Vista/Windows 7 or My Computer - XP and then click Properties.  That will tell you.

0 Kudos