cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandi149
Level 7

mcafee blocking Yahoo Messenger and other yahoo pages..pls help!!

I have McAfee Security 2009 and somehow it started to block Yahoo messenger, Yahoo mail and all other pages related to Yahoo.  The only way I can fix this is if I go into the control panel and disable the email and IM settings.  Up until this morning all these things worked fine and weren't blocked but today I couldn't get into my Messenger, yahoo email or visit any Yahoo related web pages. 

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: mcafee blocking Yahoo Messenger and other yahoo pages..pls help!!

Please try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician found under Useful Links at the top of this page. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and attempt to fix any it may find. At the conclusion it will generate a session id number which you should post here on the forum. You might also want to contact Technical Support chat also found under Useful Links.

Yahoo occasionally does not work the way I think it should either and the problem usually goes away on its own after a short while.

on 5/25/10 3:40:34 PM EDT
0 Kudos
Sandi149
Level 7

I did that and it really didn't find anything....at least not anything regarding my problem with yahoo.  I have never had a problem with Yahoo.....is there a way to permenantly turn off the email and IM scanning?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

You could use the chat path and talk via text to a tech. This available in Technical support link in Useful links tab above.

Also any reason you havn't updated to 2010 version that might fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Sandi149
Level 7

actually it's working again so I put back the protection.  Don't know what was wrong...maybe it was a problem on Yahoo's end, although I spoke to a few people about it yesterday and they had no problem.  Oh well.....thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Glad that your issue is fixed, do report back if any issues

Message was edited by: Dinz on 5/26/10 8:30:03 AM GMT-06:00
0 Kudos