cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

fatal error and Blue Screen on Pc restart after installing Mcafee

Hi everyone.  From the headline I'm sure you can figure out I have a bit of a problem....

I recently installed security center as part of my Att Uverse package.  I got the program to install and it found several errors and corrected them. The next morning I go to check on my computer and the screen was frozen.  I restarted the computer to be greeted wtih "STOP:  c000021a (fatal system error).  I can't do anything, and am unable to start the computer.  Obviously I am sort of annoyed because my computer was operating pretty well until after I installed Mcafee, and am now unable to use it at all ( I am using work computer now).  I cannot start computer in safe mode or anyother way.... please advise

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: fatal error and Blue Screen on Pc restart after installing Mcafee

You can't start it in any of the Safe Modes?  Are you absolutely sure of that?  Because if you can then you could initiate System Restore depending on the operating system to before all this happened.

It sounds to me that something was about to fail and installing the software triggered it.

What operating system and service pack is this, also is it 32 or 64-bit?  How much memory (RAM) and free HDD (hard drive) space was there?

Do you have a System Recovery disk?  If so it may offer you a boot method that can restore the computer to an earlier time.

Here's a Microsoft article on this stop error:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156669

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/01/11 8:22:19 EST PM
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: fatal error and Blue Screen on Pc restart after installing Mcafee

Another option after clicking F8 to get to the Safe Mode menu would be to choose "Last Known Good Configuration".

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community