cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bing
Level 7

computer and files not protected.... can't fix the problem

I am using McAfee total protection (3 users) 2009.

Recently, I was opening my yahoo inbox, (Normally, There will be a list of unread and read emails shown.) there was a flash and the content of 1 email was shown just for 1 second and the screen turned to the normal list of emails. There was 1 unread email from a stranger and I quickly deleted it. I was very alarmed at this so I did a full scan immediately. No virus found.

From that incidence onwards, everytime I turn on my pc, the initial status is no problem. But, after 15 minutes, the status will changed to red, alerting me that there is a problem in the computer and files area.

Each time I saw this problem, I clicked the FIX buttom. It said "1 or more program requires your response". Each time I did a full scan and no problem was found, but the red alert in my computer and files area remained. I got help from the MVT, but no problem was found - health check details are all ok.

Please help. Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Level 7

RE: computer and files not protected.... can't fix the problem

Hi,

Please clarify,

Did you have any alerts or pop-ups while working in the internet?
Did you made any recent change to the computer?
What is the operating system you use?

Steps

Try to run the free versions of Malware removal tool: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php clean anything it detected.
Can we have the MVT session ID number?
0 Kudos
bing
Level 7

sorry for the late reply,

I checked with malwarebytes and found some infections even though McAfee scan's result seemed healthy. Just curious why McAfee could not find any.

Did you have any alerts or pop-ups while working in the internet?

Red alert of computer and files not protected almost always appears 15 minutes after turning on the PC.

Did you made any recent change to the computer?
Nil.

What is the operating system you use? Window Vista home basics.

The MVT session ID number are 20110876, 20111015, 20249433 (I have had a few sessions).
0 Kudos
bing
Level 7

After using malwarbytes to do a clean out, McAfee Security Centre still displays the red alert that my computer and files have 1 or more files need fixing. But what should I do to achieve green status - OK?

MVT session ID, again I checked, is 20274469.
0 Kudos