cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Pre-install Scan stops responding or never completes

Thank you for the reply. The computer I'm trying to install on has Windows XP SP 1, so the problem is not limited to SP 2 & 3.
Just thought you would like to know.

whens the fix due out uk time , is that why the quickly scanning your computer part of the installer hanging - been waiting for this part to finish now for 2 hours, my computers got no protection , :mad:

DAT 5501 released

@sewnhand
Thank you for letting us know. But the issue should be resolved any moment now, as we have released an update for the Definition files. DAT version 5500 was the cause & 5501 should fix the issue. Can you try ending the process for the installation (if already running) or try again once you reboot the computer.

So far we only had issues on computers using Windows XP with SP2 or SP3, if it is with SP1, it is a cause of concern. So if you get back with the installation status later today, it would be wonderful.

@spookymulder
This is across all regions, not specific to any location. I suggest you try the installation after few hours.

PS: DAT 5501 has been released.

RE: DAT 5501 released

Coming up to 21:00 GMT - just tried to install but still won't get past the inital scan. Shouldn't it be working by now?

WinXP Home SP3.

Starting to get pretty annoyed...

still not workin for me :mad:

It took me a while, but I finally got it installed. The first time I tried to install today, it got past the scan and started to install. Then, it said it had a problem and I got a message that the McAfee Integrated Security Platform had a problem and had to shut down. I tried going into safe mode with network, that didn't work either. Nothing I did would fix it. I finally did a system restore. After that, it installed and is up and working. Thank goodness!!!!

Initial scan on install

Can someone from McAfee please let us know if the problem with 5500 DAT has been fixed.

At present my PC has only the built in Windows Firewall and no on-access virus scanner. Can I now try and install again and know that the initial scan "quick scan" will not just sit there doing nothing.

Thanks
Highlighted

Pre-install Scan stops never completes- Issue Fixed

@DagMiller

The issue has been fixed. All locations have been updated & are now able to complete the installation.

Please cancel the download & reboot the computer. Then try the installation.

Confirmed working here now.

Thanks for the apology for all the inconvenience this has caused... oh wait, Mcafee didn't offer one 😛

Not impressed!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community