Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadco
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

no luck

I failed to download the Mcpr from your attach. but I had success from the internet.
The downloaded MCPR failed also in its operation:-
"McAfee Cleanup---CLEANUP FAILED-----" BUT unfortunately the small window in which were the words -VIEW LOG-- were GREYED out so I had to abandon.
Having uninstalled all McAfee products by all other means guided by McAfee instructions and as I could no longer leave my Laptop unprotected or spend any more time on it at the moments I downloaded and re-installed my McAfee product.
So far so good. A good learning curve....
Some explanation of the above would be helpful. So far it is not a happy ending.
Question. I wanted to copy and paste you on the McAfee Cleanup error message. It would be much better for you if you saw the exact message-do you agree; and I am so slow in typing.
Please explain to me how to do this.
I manage to Copy and Paste the information requested/required by McAfee Forums.See below:-

"I use VISTA Home Premium-SP1; Ram 2.00GB; McAfee 3-User Total Protection which replaced McAfee Security Centre ( version 9.11 ) pre-installed with my Dell Laptop. Programs, Including Microsoft Money 2001, Excel 2000, Works 6.0, Olympus Master 2, Picassa 3, Skype 4. File System NTFS, Broadband connection, I am from the UK."
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 14

RE: no luck

To post a picture or screen image you would first have to host it at an independent hosting site such as Photobucket.com or similar. Then use the [img] tagged URL that they give under each stored image and paste that in your post.

That data you have in quotes "" in your last post can be inserted (minus the quotes) in your signature in your USER CP to make it a permanent feature.

FYI if you ever use MCPR again, you have to reboot immediately after using it for it to complete the process.

So are you OK now?
dadco
Level 7
Message 13 of 14

ok now

So far since the re-instal I have had no UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWNS. Thanks

What do we do now? How do we get Closure?

Do we just delete All? Or just say bye.

Ps I have learnt alot.... I am still trying to learn how to Post screen error messages-why isn,t it easy?
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 14

RE: ok now

Here's a hosted image:

If you right-click the image and go to Properties you'll see it's hosted at Photobucket and posted using the code that they give below all hosted images entitled "IMG Code".

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community