cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dick81
Level 7

Your computer is not protected

I'm getting this message often. I click on "fix" and then i get the message that the computer is protected. After one of these while doing something else, the message popped up again and I had to "fix"it again. I then downloaded and ran Virtual Technician and it fixed one probalem but not another and it did not state what the problem was not hoe to fix it. I have Windows XP, and online subscription to Viruscan Plus. the MVT session ID is 19474726. Why does it keep giving that error message?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
yarrel2001
Level 7

RE: Your computer is not protected

Hello, This issue has already been reported here http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=232630. Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yesterday’s DAT File 5692 is causing the Consumer On Access Scanner to become disabled. This appears to be a Scanner Thread Time Out issue which would be related to a driver that is taking a LONG time to scan a file. This issue resulted in customers receiving the “Am I Protected? NO” message which has increased Support contact volume considerably.

AVERT is trying to release the new DATs at the earliest possible time. The new DAT is expected to resolve this issue.

That's what I got from the Tech. Support people.
0 Kudos
yarrel2001
Level 7

Thanks, I appreciate the update. In the meantime, until this gets resolved, it seems like a good idea to disconnect my PC from the internet while not in use. Good idea or not? Thanks.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

That's optional - basically as long as you surf safely and don't download anything risky or open email attachments you aren't familair with you should be OK.
0 Kudos
yarrel2001
Level 7

Ok, Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Mine is updating as we speak - hopefully correcting the issue.
0 Kudos
susa
Level 7

Okay, so you guys are working on this issue already. Mine does it about every 2 hours and the MVT still shows 7 errors too.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

As I said, mine just updated and hopefully that update took care of it. I wouldn't know as I never had the problem in the first place.

Right-click your taskbar icon and click Updates.
0 Kudos
yarrel2001
Level 7

The lastest update appeared to take care of the problem for me. Thanks Ex-brit for all your help.
0 Kudos