cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hippie_Chic
Level 7

Your Computer is not fully protected

Your Computer is not fully protected!!!!! every two hours or so I get that or my mother' computer gets that message how many times do I have to fix the problem before it stays fixed and yes I verfied both our systems. We paid for protection we didn't pay it not to work.
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Jubo
Level 9

RE: Your Computer is not fully protected

Please also post more details about the computer. Like what version of windows is installed. Whether it's up-to-date with the latest patches/updates.
What version of McAfee's software is intalled and what the exact error message is.
Whether or nt the computer has any additional security related software installed lie Adware or Spybot.
Or else try to reinstall the product as described in this article: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...
0 Kudos
Nathan1
Level 7

Me too

I also get this frequently during the day. I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition, fully updated. I have McAfee SecurityCenter 9.3, with VirusScan 13.3 and Personal Firewall 10.3, all fully updated.

SecurityCenter keeps making me open it up to click the "Fix" button. Sometimes it won't even let me do that until I first verify my subscription.

So two questions:

1) Isn't there some way that SecurityCenter can just do that automatically? Why can't it fix and verify whenever it needs to be done?

2) Is this caused by a glitch somewhere that I can fix? I just want this to stop happening.
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

RE: Me too

@Nathan1

hi,

please try running McAfee Virtual Technician in my signature and post the session ID here... maybe we can get some information on why your mcafee is acting that way... with the report we may be able to answer both your questions...
0 Kudos
Nathan1
Level 7

Virtual Technician detected one problem: DAT out of date in VirusScan - McAfee SecurityCenter 13.3.127

The expected DAT was 5661. The existing DAT was 5658.

The engine was up-to-date. It expected 5200, and the existing was 5301.

I clicked the "fix" button. We'll see if that has any more effect than clicking the usual "fix" button.

The session ID was 18962836.

Thank you for your assistance.
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

hi,

can you please try this out:

1. click on start and then choose run
2. in the run box type in %programfiles%
3. in the new window open mcafee
4. then open virusscan folder
5. then rename DAT to DATOld
6. then rename ENGINE to ENGINE001
7. open mcafee and manually update it

please post back if the issue still persists...
0 Kudos
Nathan1
Level 7

Done. Had to manually turn off all the Mc processes before I could rename the DAT folder, though.

It's updated and running now. Will let you know if the problem recurs. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

Hi Nathan1,

glad that your issue has been fixed already. hopfully for others who posted in the same thread their issue would be fixed just like yours.

keep mcafee under observation for a couple of days... update us regarding the status if you can...

good luck!
0 Kudos
gritunit
Level 7

I'm having the same problem with the balloon popping up multiple times throughout the day. Windows keeps warning me that Virus scan is disabled. I have enabled virus scan and it keeps disabling itself.

I ran Virtual Technician Session ID : 18973216 and it found 2 problems. I tried to fix them but it stated some problems could not be fixed

Fixed: Process (es) not running (1)
Problem: Service (s) not running (1)

I am running XP home sp3. Once I manually enable virus scan it seems to work for awhile until I leave it idle for a few hours and return.

MVT Information
MVT Version : 5.0.0.0
System Information
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build 2600)
Service Pack : Service Pack 3.0
Language : 0409
Internet Explorer Version : 8.0
Internet Explorer Language : en-us
System Drive Type : NTFS
Physical Memory Available : 1340664
Physical Memory Total : 2096492
Virtual Memory Available : 2056252
Virtual Memory Total : 2097024
System Architecture : x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Date Time : 06/30/2009 08:05:26
Time Zone : GMT -05:00
Product Details
Product Name : VirusScan - McAfee Total Protection
Product Version : 13.3.127
Language : en-us
Partner : McAfee
Account ID : 126157077
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process 1 process(s) incorrect
Expected process not running
Expected : running
Existing : not running
Process: c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\McShield.exe

Service 1 service(s) incorrect
Expected Service State Incorrect
Expected : running
Existing : stopped
Service: McShield C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe

COM OK
DAT and Engine OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

--
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

@gritunit

hi,

kindly check for any third party application that may conflict with mcafee virus scan (e.g. norton, AVG, or other security softwares). you can do this by opening control panel and then uninstall a program option under the program and features category. if you have found any application that may relate to security try uninstalling it.

then,

1. click on the start button
  2. click on the start search box and type in MSCONFIG, open the MSCONFIG program which you'll find in the upper left side of the start menu
  3. in the System Configuration Window (MSCONFIG) make sure that the option chosen in the general tab is "Normal Startup", hit apply and then OK. you may need to restart the computer.

additional troubleshooting steps:

1. if in MSCONFIG "normal startup" is already chosen just close the window
  2. click on start>start search>and then type in "services.msc" (without the quotes)
  3. this should open up your services local window where you have the list of programs running in the background
  4. in the list look for mcafee items. chech and make sure that the startup type is set to "automatic" (except for virus scanner and system guard, i think they're both set to manual)

hope this helps...
0 Kudos