Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

White Screen Solution

I spent the better part of 3 hours yesterday uninstalling McAfee (firewall would not stay turned on) and reinstalling McAfee only to get the Security Center loading as a white box after all was said and done. After reading many posts on the topic (I am Windows 7 64-bit SP1 fully up to date) on these forums, and trying several different things (including an uninstall of IE9), what worked was so simple I had to laugh.

Hopefully it will help others: From the control panel, choose "Appearance and Personalization." Under the "Fonts" heading, select "Change Font Settings." Choose the button to restore default font settings.

I didn't try this fix right off the bat because I've never messed with the font settings, so I didn't think that could be it. I was happy to see it solve my white screen. I literally had the white box open, and in another window did the font thing, and the result was almost instant.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 20

Re: White Screen Solution

Correct we or rather a poster found this out several months ago. We passed this info up the line though we are unsure how far it made through the support area.

and  see the last comment in red

Thanks for taking the time to post this...

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/11/12 7:29:30 PM
0 Kudos