cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whitedene
Level 7

WHS Console - can't log in

since installing the latest McAfee SecurityCentre I'm no longer able to connect to my Windows Home Server (WHS) Console. Is there a setting that I need to know about in order to be able to use the WHS Console? It worked fine before I installed the McAfee. I can see the shared folders on the server it just seems to be an issue with the console which is required for scheduling backups and granting access to other PCs. Thanks.
Stephen
0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: WHS Console - can't log in

Are you actually trying to install McAfee on Windows Home Server? It isn't compatible. The Enterprise/Small Business products may be although that would prove rather expensive.

Avast has an A/V that is compatible: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Feng%2Favast-wi...

I suggest Googling for protection for WHS.

If this is installed on another system then please explain exactly what the details are and how are you trying to access the home server.
0 Kudos
Whitedene
Level 7

thanks for your note. I have installed the security centre on my PC -not the home server. I access the WHS via the Home Server Console that runs on my PC. My PC is running Windows XP. It used to work OK until I installed the McAfee Security Centre supplied by BT NetProtectPlus.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Ah, I see. Then I'm going to have to ask. Any errors in the Event Viewer?
0 Kudos
Whitedene
Level 7

No errors in the event viewer. :confused:
That's the odd thing, everything else seems entirely normal.
0 Kudos
secured2k
Level 11

Make sure you trust your WHS in the Networking tab and also try disabling ScriptScan (as a test) to see if that is affecting your WHS console.
0 Kudos
Whitedene
Level 7

Problem solved. Thanks for your help.
The problem was between the keyboard and the chair Smiley Tongue.null I'd given both my WHS and my Home Network the same name. That's what was confusing the WHS Console. It was nothing to do with the recent McAfee Security Centre installation.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Glad you solved it. Good luck.Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
secured2k
Level 11

PEBKAC error strike again! Thanks for letting us know how you figured out the problem.
0 Kudos