Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Very Slow Update Downloads

Recently (over the past week), the daily updates have been extremely slow to download.  At times it has taken up to an hour.  I have a broadband connection and have never had problems with this issue before.  Also, I have Mcafee installed on three computers and they all experience the same issue so I don't believe that it is a problem with my machine.  Any ideas as to why this is occurring?

One more thing that I forgot to mention...the percentage indicator next  to "downloading updates" will backtrack.  It will reach a number, say  14% complete, then drop back to a lower number.  What gives?

on 13/02/11 4:00:39 EST PM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 10

Re: Very Slow Update Downloads

I have seen the same thing here as well. The updates have been taking longer than normal and sometimes the percentage will either backtrack or simply sit at 0% Completed and then suddenly go to Installing.

System is P4 with WinXP.

Also , no updates for the past 2 days. When I try to manually do it , it comes back with "your software is up to date".

Message was edited by: jmckee on 2/14/11 7:12:28 PM EST
0 Kudos
Level 7

Very Slow Update Downloads

Do you have some web browser toolbars? Most of them don't let McAfee update correctly. Remove all of them and try to manually look for updates.

0 Kudos