cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoagie_51
Level 7

Updates nonresponsive???

Hi!  I've got a problem with a nonresponsive McAfee "get updates" window (small box) in the lower right hand corner of my screen- choices are Update now, Remind me later, and Cancel.  It keeps popping up shortly after I turn on my Toshiba satellite computer which has XP.  According to my main McAfee center I'm all up to date.  It's pretty aggravating.  Help!!  Thanks, Hoagie

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Updates nonresponsive???

Does it go if you right-click the taskbar icon and select 'Check for Updates'?

0 Kudos
hoagie_51
Level 7

Thanks for your response. I've done that, but I tried again, and it still says that I'm OK, and current.  I did change my notification preference while I was in there so we'll see if that helps.  But for now, it's still there.  I'm hoping it will disappear when I shut down, but I've got work to do so will have to deal with it for now.  Thanks again - worth a try.  :-) Hoagie

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK then good luck.  If it returns the installation may be corrupted so I would uninstall, run the MCPR removal tool (see Useful Links at the top of this page), reboot and reinstall from the online account.

Meanwhile make sure you are totally up to date with Windows Updates.

0 Kudos
hoagie_51
Level 7

I'll do that if it's still there tomorrow.  Thanks so much for your help!  :-) Hoagie

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK, ;-)

0 Kudos