Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: Unwanted McAfee Popup

That was one of the first things I tried. Still no success in dismissing pop-ups.

Highlighted

To fix these types of issues we need to determine if it is a bug or a complaint.

Please clarify which category you fall into:

1. The same message on the same computer comes over and over and you have not uninstalled/reinstalled between messages.

2. The same message on the same computer comes over and over and you have uninstalled/reinstalled between messages.

3. You are just getting too many messages.

Thanks,

Highlighted

If you followed the post, starting  with the December 31st problem description, you would realize that this is a "complaint" about a McAfee software malfunction, properly described as a "bug".  This "popup" screen is a product of McAfee; it does not originate from the PC operating system or any other applications on the system.  I do not feel it is incumbent upon me to uninstall and re-install the McAfee software.  I have spent over five (5) hours with McAfee tech support during five separate chat sessions, and the problem still exists.  You will forgive me, but I do not understand what point you are trying to make.

Highlighted

In order to address the different issues in this thread we have separated the issues.

The same message on the same computer comes over and over and you have not uninstalled/reinstalled between messages.

Please post in the following thread

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/31783

You are just getting too many messages and would like to file a complaint

Please post in the following thread

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/31782

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community