cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ulua
Level 7

Unsuccessful Installation On MacBook Pro Running Boot Camp

Aloha,

I'm new here, I just bought a MacBook Pro, which I have it set to dual boot using boot camp and i'm running windows 7. Originally when I installed windows 7 I was able to install my McAfee virsus software, but then last week, I noticed it stoped working, When I tried to run the program I would get a blank McAfee menu window. So I tried to uninstall McAfee using the add remove programs but It would not do anything. So I used MCPR tool to remove the program. Then I tried to reinstall the software again and would get the same error that the original poster would have. I tried everything that was listed int he post with no success

It says

Installation Cannot Start

We're having trouble installing your McAfee softwar. Please make sure you have JavaScript insstalled on you PC, and that it's working properly before continuing.

Learn more by visiting the McAfee support website at

http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=62492

Asfar as Java goes I installed Java(TM) 6 Update 27 => is this java same as javascript?

Thanks

ulua

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Unsuccessful Installation On MacBook Pro Running Boot Camp

Moved this to your own thread as the one you posted to was 2 years old.

I trust you are trying all this while signed in as an Administrator level user?   I also trust that your Windows 7 is SP1, fully updated and that it has Internet Explorer 9 installed and that you are not using any registry cleaners/compressors/optimizers?

Try running a fresh download of the MCPR removal tool again linked under Useful Links above and reboot immediately afterwards.

Run the McAfee Preinstall Tool linked HERE.

Try the installation again.

If that fails contact Technical Support either by online Chat (free) or phone (also free) - linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/10/11 6:43:17 EDT AM
0 Kudos
ulua
Level 7

EX_Brit,

Thanks for moving my post and creating a new thread for me.

As for what I tried and have installed

I do have IE 9 and windows 7 SP1, My account is an admin account, i'm not using any type of registry cleaner

Ok I tried what both you and Dinesh advised

I ran both Regsvr32 jscript.dll and vbscript.dll with no error

Down loaded a new MCPR tool and ran that

Reboot my pc

Ran McPreinstall

Ran McAfeeSetup

Still no luck

Message was edited by: ulua on 10/7/11 10:23:34 PM CDT
0 Kudos
ulua
Level 7

EX_Britt and Dinesh,

Thank you for your help and advice, I chatted with a tech support and he had me unistall IE9, and once I went back to IE8 I was able to install my McAfee Total Protection Virus software.

Thanks again,

ulua

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

How weird, it is compatible with IE9 as I have it in 4 installations.   Must be something to do with Boot Camp?

Anyway, glad it's OK now.

0 Kudos
ulua
Level 7

I too have IE9 on my desktop with McAfee installed and have no issues, Like you said may be it has to do with boot camp.

Thanks

ulua

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Indeed.  I wonder what would happen if you now installed IE9?    I hope Dinesh can enlighten us on that score as he is McAfee and would know about that.

All the best. ;-)

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi ulua,

Adding on the above suggestion before installation , please run the below commands in command prompt window and check if they register without errors

Click Start – Click on Start Search

In the open prompt type – cmd

From the selections above – right click on cmd and select Run as administrator

In the command prompt window type the following and press enter after each command

Regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter

Regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press enter

After the above steps are done , please run the MCPR tool and reinstall McAfee programs

Regards,

0 Kudos