Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Unable to re-install

A few days back I started getting a subscription verification required pop-up in the icon tray but could not get it verify my subscription.

I went through this forum and followed the uninstall procedure. When I tried to re-install it downloads the software but then says the installation failed. Only the security center is installed. I call my internet provider through which I have a free subscription and they connected me to Mcafee support. They told me to unistall again and try re-installing and everything should be okay. But it failed again.

This is very frustrating. My PC has been running McAfee for almost 6 years without any problems untill now. I even tried a different account since I have one installation for every email registered through my provider. My laptop is running fine with macfee.

Please help.
10 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Unable to re-install

uninstall with McAfee product removal tool, link is given below..

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Already tried that.
Level 7
Message 4 of 11

I have tried the removal tool and also the pre-install.exe but still cannot intall Mcafee.
Since I am getting it free from my subscriber and McAfee support was not too much of a help, I might as well go with anyother free virus protection.

I have been trying for two weeks.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

I noticed while going through other threads that someone can help with a MVT session ID.
Here is my session ID after another failed installation. ID:20312977. I also have saved the problem and diagnostic logs.
Highlighted

rb01, best to contact Technical Support Chat, link in my signature, and give them that MVT session ID. They can escalate your case if necessary.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

I tried the online technical chat and they advised that I update windows, which already is pretty much up to date. I said that I have a session ID but they did not even ask for it.
Highlighted

McAfee relies heavily on a working and up to date Internet Explorer. Go to IE Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click "Reset", OK any prompts and click Apply and OK. Close and reopen IE, go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable all the add-ons.
(This is assuming IE7 or 8 which you should have). Whether or not you use IE this still applies.

Try running MCPR in my signature again, reboot.

Run the McAfee Preinstall Tool from the following link:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe and attempt to reinstall.

Another factor that can prevent installation is competing software....is/was there any?
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

I tried everything you suggested. Nothing worked. Do I need to update to Xpnull Sp3?
Highlighted

What level is XP at right now?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community