cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to Disable Pop ups

I know there are many threads about pop ups on this discussion board, but I cannot seem to find a solution for the problem I am having in them. I have been continuously getting pop ups from McAfee and cannot seem to stop them. A pair of examples are posted below. These are not the only kinds of pop ups I receive, and I receive pop ups 2-3 times per day.

Things I have tried:

I have disabled notifications from all programs on my computer.

I have disabled McAfee tasks from task scheduler.

I have turned off pop ups in using all available tools within the McAfee app. 

I do not use all the features offered by my software suite. I do not run real time scanning. I do not schedule scans or the vunlerability scanner. I run scans and check for updates manually. I have automatic updates disabled. I have information alerts disabled. I do not use app boost, web boost, anti-spam, McAfee vpn, safe family, or file lock.

My computer runs Windows 10, version is 10.0.19041. My McAfee build is 18.8.126. The release name is 16.0 R28. I update my suite with some regularity, but it does not seem to change the date shown on "Last update", all it seems to do is reset my settings, even when I get pop ups saying my suite is out of date. I would probably use more McAfee features if I was not so irritated of the constant popups and resource consumption.

Again, the only issue I need resolved is in regards to these frequent pop ups. I want to continue using McAfee, but if I cannot find a way to stop these pop ups I will uninstall and look elsewhere for antivirus software.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Disable Pop ups

What type of alert maybe post a picture here. that said as you near subscription renwal time popsup common. I assume you went to gear icon General settings and alerts and disabled what needed there. I never get a popup maybe as I have a free version trial.

If you post a pic maybe a mod can answer better.

Highlighted

I attached a pair of pictures in my post. Yeah, I went through all the settings options in my total protection application.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

hello,

i have never seen such popups. using retail version of LiveSafe and also with build R28 currently.

have you read this thread in the community perhaps ?

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/SecurityCenter/McAfee-you-are-at-risk-pop-up/m-p/668549#M39233

there is a picture to illustrate what the popup looks like.

have you seen this same popup also ?

Highlighted

I do not recognize that particular pop up, but I went through the processes described in the linked thread anyway, including a full scan and checking through my program directories for (FA Really Simple Syndication (RSS)). The scan came back clean, and I was unable to find a program that had a similar name to RSS. 

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

hello,

thanks for yiour reply.

i have no other suggestions currently unfortunate.

hope that a mod will have more ideas perhaps for you to fix this.

greetings

Highlighted

Sounds like a security popup. Probably not able to remove though have you checked the alerts in General settings and alerts in the tools icon? Think you said that have to make sure.

I wonder if you need to clean uninstall reinstall with all things active ie what have you not activated now?

How to remove McAfee

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community