cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eranwhu
Level 7

Trouble installing McAfee AntiVirus plus 2010

Hi,

I recently bought McAfee Anti Virus plus, and on my very first installation it seemed to fail after the downloading process (it has the same problem when I chose the 'Use CD' option). I tried it several times and it kept failing. I tried the online chat several times and after I was given a link to a McAfee cleanup program I was asked to restart and reinstall - the problem stayed put!

I have Windows Vista (service pack 2), Intel Core 2 due CPU, 2.00 Ghz, 3 GB RAM if it helps anyone understand the problem.

I've added a printscreen of what appeers when the installation fails...

Thanks in advance!

Eran

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rakesh.p
Level 10

Re: Trouble installing McAfee AntiVirus plus 2010

Hi eranwhu,

Yes i certainly do understand the problem that you are facing, do / did you have any other Antivirus software's installed on your Computer like (AVG, Norton...etc)...please check for it under > Control panel > programs list  if yes then please remove it & then try installing McAfee software.

>Please check if windows is up to date or not (Open Internet explorer - Tools or Safety - click windows update) do install all updates which are available.

Also please let me know the status after trying...

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support.

Message was edited by: Rakesh P on 7/27/10 3:13:36 AM GMT-06:00
0 Kudos
eranwhu
Level 7

I once installed Norton on this PC, but uninstalled it (it's not on the program list in the control panel). I terms of Windows, it's up to date.

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing the same problem and the chat agents are not able to help me since my Windows is in a language there is no technical support for (Hebrew).

0 Kudos
rakesh.p
Level 10

Hi eranwhu,

Thank you for getting back with answers, well its quite unfortunate that are not supported by our chat technician's as your computer language is in "Hebrew". May i know in which country are you located in ..? I think Israel...If yes then i recommend you to contact McAfee technical Support for further/better assistance & to know how to contact TS please click on "Useful links" @ the top on this webpage.

Hope this helps...good luck.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

0 Kudos
eranwhu
Level 7

Yes it is Israel.

Technical support is where I started with, and couldn't get the appropriate solution for the problem (McAfee technician doesn't detect my problem and as I said the live chat agents could not help me), so this is my last resort...

I'm starting to feel I've threw money away for software I cannot install .

I'm attaching a printscreen of the list of programs I have installed + windows update window. Perhaps there is something I'm missing..

Eran

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

When you removed Norton did you use their removal tool? You may still have somes traces of Norton on your computer which might be causing you this issue.

0 Kudos
eranwhu
Level 7

No, I didn't..

Where can I get one?

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi ,

Please select the removal tool for the product which you had.from here : http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN
Restart the computer after itr completes.
While restarting tap the F8 key and select safe mode with networking.
Try installing again and let me know if any issues .

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos