cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Traffic Monitor not working in IS 11.6?

This Traffic Monitor in 11.6 is a load of rubbish. McAfee have had 2 attempts to fix mine to no avail. The fix appears to be download a new package and reinstall. What a waste of my usage.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 35

Yes, Traffic Monitor is broken in 11.6 and it may be that as the next release is 12.1 (where it is said to be working) there won't be much effort to fix it in a version that's slated for replacement. Sorry, but that's likely to be true. We just have to live with it for a while until the next release comes out.

Highlighted

Well thanks Hayton

Will I get release 12.1 as an update or will I have to pay for it?

Highlighted

It will come as an update at some point if your McAfee subscription is paid up. Updates are released from time-to-time and go to regions around the world over some scheduled timeframe. Many of us found out we had been upgraded to release 11.6 a month or so ago after we noticed features of the program stopped working.

Highlighted

If you get your version from Mcafe not from say Dell or your ISP uninstalling it fully and reinstalling the product will get you 12.1 provided you are on vista or win7/8.

You have to set the Mcafee site to Au/Us/Uk/Ca country  and the version you get is english. Other sites will get updated in due course.

Remove

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

and reinstall from your account

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 26 of 35

Personally, I think it's too minor a problem so I'll wait for the automatic update.

Highlighted

Agreed but every1 has their issues with the program that bugs them whereas others bypass the issue as you do. The issue is fixed in 12.1 but tech support is really not pushing 11.6 getting the fix as every1 will be updated soonish. (except partners and that is an issue as they lag on updates)

Highlighted

Quite right Peacekeeper everyone has their issues. After another session of chat with whoever at McAfee support my issue remains unresolved so my only alternative is a homegrown traffic monitor and another security package when my subcription runs out.

My other thought on this is that if the issue with their traffic monitor cannot be fixed for me what other unknown, to me, problems are there with my security package?

Thanks for all your thoughts and goodbye.

Highlighted

You can as I mentioned uninstall and install the 12.1 beta. It is just about the same product and though updates are sometimes 4 days apart everything works.

www.beta.mcafee.com

I have been running the betas for 6 years without major issues. Main issues when they are released and this 1 Sc 12 been out for 12 mths.

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 30 of 35

Good news! I updated my McAfee SecurityCentre version 11.6 today and everything works fine now. I can see the traffic monitor working as it should do.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community