cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimension
Level 7

Total Protection2010- HELP! Update dnlds reset before done! Need manual dnld link! AutoUpdater needs Resume feature!

Please help!  I can't update my McAfee VirusScan (I have Total Protection2010)!  The update download % resets to 0 before it can finish every time!

I have a VERY SLOW internet connection (56K modem) and need a manual download link (this http://download.nai.com/products/licensed/superdat/english/intel/6256xdat.exe is no good- doesn't recognize my McAfee (also- wierd thing is I downloaded that from the DAT tab- not the SuperDat tab on http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx and yet look at that- superdat!).) so I can download the update with my dnld manager so I can pause & resume the dnld & so forth (LIKE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO W/ the McAfee AutoUpdater!) so if something happens I don't have to start back at 0% every time and never get the thing downloaded...!!   Plus, I should also add, I've had a crisis of a different sort going on in my life lately, that's why I haven't been online this year until now and how the file got so big...my bad on that point...    Also, I'm Extremely disappointed that not only did I have to go through a ton of needless ridiculous downloading hassle to try to Chat with someone (to no avail- read on), shouldn't have to download just to chat!, but when I finally did get done with all that, apparently the Chat doesn't even work on my PC!  (maybe because it doesn't work with Win2K, I dunno, but that SHOULDN'T Be an issue!!)  finally, I'm running a single-core Intel P4....

I really wanted to get my AV updated BEFORE I started my browser...so much for That idea...

Anyway, any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated-  Thanks!! 

Message was edited by: Dimension on 2/13/11 9:21:37 PM CST
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Total Protection2010- HELP! Update dnlds reset before done! Need manual dnld link! AutoUpdater needs Resume feature!

McAfee, Inc. - Downloads - Virus Protection - DAT Files

Should work the use of xdat and superdat seems to work

Can you retry it. It may shock the updater into working if not an uninstall reinstall migh work.

Uninstall via the FAQ in useful links tab above.

0 Kudos