I would like to uninstall total Protection however, it does not show in Add/remove programs.
I don't think it ever installed properly because I cannot access the program at all. I've run the preinstall, mcpr, downloaded and reinstalled (several times), but always the same thing....red X on everything... fail to install.
In my control panel> Security it shows that McAfee firewall, antivirus is protecting system.
I've run stinger...in case there is a virus.
MVT says Security centre 10.5 failed to update. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix my installation or to unistall without using add/remove?
I'm running Windows XP Pro
XP Pro 32 or 64-bit and is it up to date, i.e. SP2 or SP3?
If the program is not showing in Add or Remove then you should download the latest version of MCPR and run it, twice if necessary and reboot immmediately when it finishes.
The reason for corrupted installations can be many but usually the presence of other security software and/or malware or even a system that is out of date, or not synchronised with the time servers etc.
I suggest running the free version of THIS software after updating it to ensure no malware is present.
I'm running Windows XP pro 32. Everything is up to date. I've run the most recent mcpr; report attached and no infected files have been found.
I'm at a total loss as to what is happening but that being said, my knowledge is limited.
It looks like MCPR is failing,, but why I can't tell. I suggest contacting Technical Support Chat via the link under "Useful Links" above. They can go into your machine to help.
This was the home product and not "Total Protection Service" (a.k.a. SaaS) that you had installed I assume?
Have you contacted tech support people? I just checked the mcpr log, I don't see anything indifferent in there, I guess you can try to run MCPR and re-try the installation in Safe Mode with Networking,
I have a problem I am hoping someone can help me with. I built a new computer but named it the same thing so that I could simply reload my Total Protection. Obviously, that didn't work out very well. So, I deactivated the old one and renamed the new one so it could get the protection. That worked great for about a week. Now I keep getting the message that "Your Software has been deactivated". I click on "Reactivate" and it shows that I have just reactivated it and it shows up in my list. It then tells me to go to my notifications icon and right click and do the updates, which I have done that too. NOTHING! It still says it is deactivated.
I have tried to get hold of and do the chat with McAfee but all it wants to do is the Virtual Technicial, which shows that it is working perfectly.