cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Thunderbird 24.0.1 and McAfee Security Center Very Slow

Normally email scanning unchecked works well have you got instant messaging unchecked as well?. seems i need to instal;l this on my wife's pc as the beta 13.0 works fine with tb24.1

Anyone still with this issue we have another mod call I can ask about this issue.

wazza
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 43 of 95

Yup still have the issue and it is even slow when I uncheck real time scanning.  Thanks for following up

McAfee.GIFThunderbird.GIF

Yup still have the issue... seems associated to the amount of mail held by Thunderbird. Running all the latest versions of McAfree Security Centre & Thunderbird on Windows 8.1.

If turn off real time gets better. But then open to risks so dealing with a nasty Trojan.

Disabling email scanning is the workaround usually that way RTS still scans the files when you open the attachments.

If RTS off and still an issue well that is a new ball game. I suppose remove Mcafee and see if issue still there it could be Thunderbird itself that is the issue for you.

wazza
Level 7
Message 46 of 95

McAfee and Thunderbird were both fresh installs on new computer.  I reformatted and installed fresh system. 

Also, per unchecking RTS seems like Jonathan was infected with a trojan as a result of unchecking.... 

I did a log session with you, what was the result of the data analysis that you collected?

wsmwk
Level 7
Message 47 of 95

chooyj
Level 7
Message 48 of 95

I've exactly the same problems as experienced by all.  My productivity was down for 2 days, reinstalled TB, compact folders, etc, until I decided to switch off RTS, and it solves my problems.  TB version is 24.1.1, Mcafee info is below.  Crap Mcafee software, caused me so much pain. 

My thunderbird is 24.1.1, Mcafee is Untitled.jpg

I hav

just disable email attachment scanning works and safer though I am on 24.1.1 and all fine. Ok I am on the beta Mcafee 13.0 so better do a test tomorrow

on 21/11/13 6:01:18 EST AM
wazza
Level 7
Message 50 of 95

13 minutes to download 30 e-mails, no attachments.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community