cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sucurity Tool antivirus hoax

I recently have been plagued with the Security Tool Anti-Virus Hoax malware on my laptop. I've tried repeatedly to do a full scan with McAfee but it does not detect it. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge abot how to get rid of this malware?

Thanks.

apump@aol.com

2 Replies
newjack
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sucurity Tool antivirus hoax

Malwarebytes is a good start if not go to you tube if you can.They usually have some good removal procedures there and will walk you through.Or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool here is a removal guide from bleeping compter.com

good luck Jack

Message was edited by: newjack on 2/28/10 7:25:41 PM EST
Highlighted
Eliz
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sucurity Tool antivirus hoax

I also have this problem and have tried both suggestions however they will not run as the security tool warning comes up and I think it is blocking it.

Is there anything else I can try or do I have to have McAfee go in and fix it.

Thank you for your help.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community