cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simmy101
Level 7

Still getting the old 2009 download from the my account download link

hi everyone

Whenever I want to download my mcafee internet security from the my account section of the mcafee website, I get the new download manager, but the 2009 version still downloads and installs on my computer. I find this quite frustrating as I have been trying for a few months now, and the 2009 flags compatability problems by windows 7 which is my operating system.

Many thanks in advance

Simmy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Still getting the old 2009 download from the my account download link

Just curious if you purchased your software from Dell? Third part providers of McAfee seem to take longer for the newer version of the software to be released than if you purchased directly from McAfee and I don't honestly know why but I am told that is how it is. Rest assured that sooner or later you will be updated to the latest version and as long as your subscription is valid you have protection whether it is the 2009 version or the 2010 version.

0 Kudos
simmy101
Level 7

I actually got a 6-month subscription from facebook which had 2 years added to it after the whole update issue, so they might be updating the facebook licenses later.

Thanks for your post k3tg

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

I was unaware that Facebook was a partner with McAfee. I guess you learn something everyday. Anyways good luck to you and post back if you have any issues down the road.

0 Kudos