cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Security centre not protected

When I turned on the computer this morning after waiting about 10 minutes for my centre to open it came up unprotected again. After fixing it, I checked my logs again and there was another unsolicited connection attempt on another port.

I am going to clear all my temp files as per your instructions and will run a clean up on my computer as well to see if that fixes the problem.
Highlighted

I followed your instructions regarding cleaning out my temporary files and folders. However, there were the following messages:

Cannot delete IadHide4:Access denied - Make sure disk is not full or write protected and that file is not currently in use.

The following came up with cannot delete ... being used by another person or program. The codes that came up were:

hpodvd09
Perflib_Perfdata_264
Perflib_Perfdata_478
sqlite_ZseDv4RsUQMqbXR
sqlite_7hCvMkJMRWzlvdJ
sqlite_A6pWc0UwXBLU6bA
sqlite_hziCvZjOvzm28OT
sqlite_oVGD33peQcmDbGZ
WFV185
mcafee_8ovdomBWK7d3w0E
mcmsc_7aG8AJKJui8gEn6
mcmsc_Af2zK2zciNZeoAt
msmsc_nGj7zO6eCOcefFX

It also asked whether I wanted to delete the read-only files. I clicked yes since I was trying to delete all temporary files. I have not emptied the recycle bin though.

Hi

What is the operating system of your computer? (are you running XP or Vista?)
Are you only using McAfee (as your security program) before this problem occured? :confused:

RE: Hi

Oh sorry, i didn't check the previous posts.. my bad.. they were already mentioned. hehehhe

I seem to be having better luck with my McAfee today. Turned it on, waited a few minutes for the security to open up. Came up with not protected again but only took one click on the fix button and a minute or so to completely fix it.

I did the spyware removal it only found cookies on one of them. Also I have security center 8.1 not 9.0. Went to this board by accident. Still happens then but when I click Update it will go away for a little bit. Hope this helps.

technotard, do post back if there are still problems...

socomkilla, how about the malwarebytes? did it found any infection?

It still comes up unprotected when it is turned on but it didnt take so long to fix it so I think I can live with that. It has taken a while to scan today but that is ok too.

One question though about my log viewer.

Since there is one ISP number that has made a majority of unsolicited connections attempts should I ban that ISP? Will that stop them from trying to, or be able to, connect to my computer. I stated in my opening post the situation with this one ISP since it has the majority or incoming incidents.

Thank you for all your help so far.
vinod_r2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 29 of 30

Even I see that my ISP tries to connect to my IP regularly.. I guess they are doing there legal stuff without causing issues.. Ban those IPs it must be automated servers trying to se if the user is still on or not.. kind of heath monitoring f by ISP (at least that is what my ISP told when I called them up after I saw the logs.... must say it took quite a long time for me to get some one who gave me the info that i needed)

Keeps happening, Scanned the pc with all the spyware programs, found nothing. Scanned with mcafee, it thought the malwarebytes was a Trojan and deleted it. Should I go to the other board because mine in security center 8.1.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community