cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erush91
Level 7

Security Suite 9 will not install

I have a windows vista

I originally had the security suite 9 on my computer. But it had a big red 'X' saying that i wasn't protected. It said my detection signature files were more than 30 days old.

I uninstalled McAfee and then went to go and re-install it using the downloadable version off of McAfee.com

I then downloaded the program, and opened it. It said that it could not be installed because I had no internet connection. But, I did have internet connection, with a very high signal (i have wireless). So now, my computer isn't protected because it has no virus software installed. I want to know what I can do to help install the security suite 9.

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Security Suite 9 will not install

Did you run the MCPR cleanup tool after uninstalling it? (Linked in my signature).

The installer often balks at a wireless connection. Is there any way you can use a wired connection?
0 Kudos
erush91
Level 7

I hadn't run the MCPR cleanup tool, but I just did and I am still having the same problem.

When I try to open the installation file for the security suite 9, is says,

"We can't download your McAfee software because we're having trouble acessing the Internet. Please make sure your computer is connected to the Internet, and then try again."

Well, again, I do have internet connection.
And, I run from a wireless router from the main computer, so I don't think I can get a wired connection, but I'm not sure.

So, what should my next step be?

Thanks
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Try plugging the ethernet cable that goes to the main computer into yours.

Also go to Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Lan Settings and unckeck all options, Apply and OK. Close the browser and try that.
0 Kudos
erush91
Level 7

ok, I will try that and get back to you.

Thanks,
Eugene
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Also try running the free versions of these two tools and let them clean anything they find.
They may require a reboot to complete the task.

http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
0 Kudos