cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j33ta
Level 7

Security Centre keeps on turing off

i had this problem few days ago and i thought i have got some malware or trojan in the system and i posted my logs on Aumha forum, they said there is nothing wrong in system something wrong with Mcafee. it keeps on turing off again and again saying pc is not protected. if i restart my pc then its ok but then again after 10-15 mins it says samething again. i have removed mcafee by MCPR tools and reinstalled but problem remains the same. what shall i do?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dennis_Allen
Level 7

hi

when mcafee is saying that you are not protected, were you able to get the error msg that is causing this problem?

..like, you will see that right below the fix button..(anything disabled, missing, etc..)?

also, try running the McAfee Virtual Technician, then post the session id here..

thanks.. happy
0 Kudos
j33ta
Level 7

RE: hi

yh everything was disabled by itself and when you click on fix it says more than one or more file require your response.
0 Kudos
j33ta
Level 7

session id: 17710201 and no problems found.
i reinstalled mcafee agaia and let you know if it happens again
thx
0 Kudos
Dennis_Allen
Level 7

hopefully you'll get that fixed by reinstalling.. keep us posted.. thanks..Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
j33ta
Level 7

its been working fine since yesterday Smiley Very Happy
what was wrong with it though? can i remove McAfee Virtual Technician now?
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Dennis_Allen
Level 7

yup, keep the mcafee virtual technician, since you can you use that to diagnose problems with your mcafee in case you are getting a not protected msg or you are suspecting that mcafee is not functioning properly.. Smiley Happy

good luck! grin
0 Kudos