I recently renewed my McAfee 3-User Total Protection license and have a problem with a Vista installation. Two of my systems are XP SP3 and they upgraded without issue. But, when I attempted to upgrade/renew the Vista SP1 system, the setup program fails to finish and it never renews. Here are the issues:
1. I have two separate licensed McAfee products. One license (Virus Scan Plus) is for a work computer and expires on 3/30/2009. The 3-User Total Protection license is for my home computers will expire on 12/27/2009.
2. I downloaded the DMSetup.exe program and it ran without exception on both XP systems.
3. When I attempt to run the DMSetup.exe on the Vista SP1 system (Lenovo T61P), the McAfee Security Center dialog box appears and then you see a quick flash of a progress bar. The progress bar disappears and then it never repaints and goes completely white inside the dialog box. Also note that I never see the request for the email and password. The hard drive is active for about 3 minutes, but the application never returns and I have to kill the process. I tried this several times without luck.
4. I uninstalled the entire McAfee suite from the Vista SP1 PC with hopes this would resolve the problem. After a reboot I attempted to run the DMSetup.exe application again and the results were the same as #3 above.
5. My final attempt at putting the McAfee product back on the Vista PC was to pull out the original McAfee 3-User Total Protection installation CD-ROM. This worked and reinstalled McAfee. But now the expiration for the product is wrong and the installer used the 3/30/2009 date!!! How can I get this product to install properly on Vista SP1 and see the correct date?
please do the following... 1. click start button, go to all programs, go to accessories, look for command prompt right click on it and run it as administrator 2. in the black window that appears type these commands in... regsvr32 jscript.dll, then press enter key (it should say successful) regsvr32 vbscript.dll, then press enter key (it should also say successful)