cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeether
Level 7

Real time scanning keeps removing a file I restored as trusted

McAfee has been continually removing a game's .exe file that is being parsed as a trojan (false positive) via real time scanning, and I have had to turn real time scanning off and restore the file. I cannot leave real time scanning on while trying to play the game because the .exe is constantly being removed. I CANNOT send the .exe to McAfee because it's too big, and the program should know that the file is trusted when I restore it. Is there any way for this file to stop being detected by the real time scanning or do I have to leave it off every time I play the game?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Real time scanning keeps removing a file I restored as trusted

Is it an 'Artemis" detection?  If so I will move this to that area if you post the number it gives.

Meanwhile there are other things you can do:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/01/13 1:27:31 EST PM
0 Kudos
zeether
Level 7

It is not Artemis, it's a trojan called "PWS-Zbot.gen.asm". I will submit the file to McAfee via email like in the support link.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The other way would be to use GetSusp as that doesn't then require that you zip it and password-protect it, but remember to put your email in Preferences first or else they wont get back to you.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

By the way I should have added that  you can only Trust something that is identified as a PUP or Possibly Unwanted Program.   It used to be that you could trust anything, and that facility still exists in the Enterprise/Business software, but they took it away from consumers saying too many people would abuse it.  We've been asking for it ever since to no avail I'm afraid.

0 Kudos