cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time scanning is off and cannot be turned on. No Scan possible, wtf.

I have the Cox Security Suite with McAfee and have been unable to use the Scan function in any capacity.  if I open the program and click on any link to run a quick or full scan a message box invariably appears saying that "An error has occurred" and to please click ok and try again.   There is nothing descriptive about the error.  It seems that McAffee is not letting me do any kind of virus/spyware scan.  What in the world is causing this and how can I fix it? 

Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Real time scanning is off and cannot be turned on. No Scan possible, wtf.

Hi Michael,

Real time scanner could be turned off due to various reasons like ;

• A Incomplete update to the software
  • Conflict with any different security scanner
  • Inproper installed files.
  • Malware infection and so on . .

So in-order to sort this out , let us know of the below information and we will see to that we get it enabled and scan your pc

What is the operating system of teh machine ?
How is it connected to internet ? (dsl/wireless/cable)
Do you have any other security software installed in the machine ?
Do you  receive any virus alerts in the computer ?

And most importantly ; Did you perform a system restore to your computer after which you see this.

Along with the above answers , please run the McAfee virtual technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and  If you have not tried it yet, please do it as its awonderful resource that solves most of the problems with McAfee . . and do not forget to post me your session id

0 Kudos
hwkifan
Level 7

Same problem...

Windows 7 pro 64bit

Core i7

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi hwkifan,

Have you tried running MVT , if yes , can you please post back your session id .

0 Kudos

Hi Greetings..

Could you please try doing an update on the McAfee and then try to check if we are able to turn on the real time scanning????

If it does not work please try this  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100903 . Try this and let us know how it goes!!!!

Regards

Idris

0 Kudos