Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scheong
Level 8

Real time scanning can't stay on

Jump to solution

Hi,

This started couple of days ago.  Basically, real time scanning can't stay on.  I am running Security Center version 10.5, build 10.5.227.  I am running Windows Vista by the way.

I had tried running MVT and it reported that it cannot fix the problem.  The MVT session ID is 32964236.

I am attaching both the deviation and health check logs.

Please help.

Thanx.

Stanley

P.S. the pop-up came on 4 times while I am typing this message.  ARG!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scheong
Level 8

Re: Real time scanning can't stay on

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh,

Just want to let you know that I contacted technical chat and Biby fixed the problem.  Somehow, my copy of Security Center was having problem getting updates.  Don't quite understand how or why but my issue seems to have been resolved.

Thanx.

Stanley

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Have you manually checked for an update? This issue appaers to have started Friday they are looking into it and what I said above is said to settle things down.

0 Kudos
scheong
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

Yeah, I did an update check while I had Security Center opened and it reported I am up to date.  :-(

Let me know what else I should try.

Thanx.

Stanley

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi Stanley,,

Please make sure that you do not have any other security software/virus scanner installed – If yes, please uninstall the conflicting program from add/remove programs

Then, its sub folders (remnants) from C:\program files  & common files.

Please follow the steps mentioned in this doc here and update us on the status of your real time scanner

If issue still persists, please contact  technical support chat from this link http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS and they will remote in for further diagnosis.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
scheong
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh,

No, I do not have any other security software/virus scanner installed.

There is a problem with the link to the doc.  The webpage displayed "Unexpected Error".  Should I go ahead and try technical support chat.

Thanx.

Stanley

0 Kudos
scheong
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh,

Just want to let you know that I contacted technical chat and Biby fixed the problem.  Somehow, my copy of Security Center was having problem getting updates.  Don't quite understand how or why but my issue seems to have been resolved.

Thanx.

Stanley

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hey Stanley,

Glad that you are OK now  , please get back to us if any issues.

Cheers.

0 Kudos