Did you mean: 
wixey
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

Quick Scan Cancels At 99%

Jump to solution

Hi,

Recently my McAfee SecurityCenter ungraded to McAfee LiveSafe version 16.0 R18, and today it updated to version 17.8 (Build 17.8.127) and since then every time I run a Quick Scan it cancalls, saying Scan was Cancelled, when it reaches 99%. It never did this with the previous build. MVT doesn't find anything, except for a "Product configuration xml file missing" for the Firewall. Everything seemd to be working normally except for the odd scan cancelling at 99%. Is this a bug?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: Quick Scan Cancels At 99%

Jump to solution

The issue would be addressed in 16.0.19 version of Windows Antivirus suite. Shall update the thread as the release date is made available. At least this what a mod posted here

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/Quick-Scan-Cancelled-Itself/m-p/616300#M16456

14 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Jump to solution

The issue would be addressed in 16.0.19 version of Windows Antivirus suite. Shall update the thread as the release date is made available. At least this what a mod posted here

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/Quick-Scan-Cancelled-Itself/m-p/616300#M16456

wixey
Level 9
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

Many thanks, Peacekeeper. 

forum
Level 8
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution
Thanks!!
Octopus
Level 9
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

My Quickscan is frozen at 99%! When I click on "Cancel" or "Pause" nothing happens.

Untitled.jpg

How do i stop it?

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

@Octopus 

As I stated above Mcafee Support are aware of this and will release a fix in version 16.0.R19 release. Should be soon.. Use custom or scheduled scan if you need to they should work.. I used scheduled last night and it completed fine.

Tony

Octopus
Level 9
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

I just wanted to add that when I try to right click and scan a folder it says this

Untitled.jpg

But like I said I can't cancel the scan. In my image above when I click on "Cancel" nothing hapens.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

Now this is strange I have the 16.0.R18 version which should lock at 99% as it did when I tested it a while back. The fix in R19 is not here but my quick scan completed without issue.

That said several ways to possibly cancel

1 Reboot PC.

2. Go to task manager (CTL+ALT+DEL) and end the livesafe app. Restart it. I was hoping to test these options but the program worked fine.

3 Mods might have another way.

Jump to solution

Hi I am still having this problem with the scan cancelling  at 99% this has been happening for over 2 months when will this be fixed? We are paying for a product that isnt working properly so not really happy it should not take over 2 months to fix a problem. Can anyone shed a light on whats going on please.

version16.0

release name 16.0.R18

Components

Version 17.8

build 17.8.131

last update 27.2.19

Not a happy customer at all

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

R18 is current version and R19 has the fix. Agreed taking their time but not a big issue I assume they feel. Should be fixed this month .

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community