cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janabaker
Level 7

Purchased new subscription but Securtiy Center keeps asking for a renewal of old subscription.

I have seen similar posts and the answer seems to be a removal tool. However, when I click on the links provided in other posts, the link does not work. Can someone please provide a refreshed link?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hayton
Level 17

Re: Purchased new subscription but Securtiy Center keeps asking for a renewal of old subscription.

The document you want is at http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966 - see below.

How to resolve Verify Subscription errors with the Subscription Repair Tool.png

The link works for me, but this is an aspx document - it needs ASP.NET to display properly. ASP is bundled with Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 - do you have that installed and if you do is it up to date?

Note that this document, 100966, says that you should first do some troubleshooting of the problem, and refers you to http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100762"How to troubleshoot a Verify Subscription message".

0 Kudos
janabaker
Level 7

Re: Purchased new subscription but Securtiy Center keeps asking for a renewal of old subscription.

tells me the document ID is not recognizable. says it needs to start with a TS or a CS.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Which one, 100966 or 100762? They both work for me.

How to troubleshoot a Verify Subscription message.png

Have you got .NET Framework installed? And what browser are you using?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

To get you past this link broken posts here is what the FAQ says

How to resolve Verify Subscription errors with the Subscription Repair Tool

Solution

How to resolve Verify Subscription errors with the Subscription Repair Tool

My Product Looks Like:

Affected Products:

SecurityCenter
Affected Operating Systems:

Windows 7
            Windows Vista
            Windows XP

Description

Some users may receive a McAfee SecurityCenter request to "Verify your subscription". This subscription message can have many causes, including issues with your Internet connection or computer settings. McAfee has developed a Subscription Repair Tool that can help you resolve account information issues.

Solution

Perform each of the steps below to ensure the correct operation of the Subscription Repair Tool.

NOTE: These steps should only be performed if you have already attempted to resolve the issue according to FAQ article TS100762.

Step 1 -
Disable Access Protection

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
  2. Click Navigation.
  3. Select About. Note the name of your product suite (for example, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Anti-Virus Plus).
  4. Click the X to close the About window.
  5. Select General Settings and Alerts.
  6. Open the Access Protection drawer.
  7. Deselect the option Use Access Protection.

Step 2 - Rename current data files

1. Navigate to the appropriate location below, right-click the McSubDB.bak file (if it exists), select Rename, and name the file McSubDB.OLD:

• Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MSC\Cache
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC\Cache
  2. Navigate to the appropriate location below, right-click the McSubDB.dat file (if it exists), select Rename, and name the file McSubDB.OLD:

• Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MSC
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC
  3. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
  4. Select Verify Subscription. Confirm that you see a Verify Subscription message or Update Problem message similar to the one below:

Step 3 - Run the Subscription Repair tool

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to: http://us.mcafee.com/apps/mdm/en-us/mcsubdbrepair.asp.

2. Click Download.
  3. Save the file to your desktop.
  4. Double-click SubDBFix.exe (for Windows 7 or Vista, right-click the file and select Run as Administrator).
  5. When requested, enter your McAfee account credentials
  6. Select the product suite installed on your computer.

7. Click Next
  8. When the tool completes, restart your computer.

Step 4 -
Enable Access Protection

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
  2. Click Navigation.
  3. Select General Settings and Alerts.
  4. Open the Access Protection drawer.
  5. Check the box beside Use Access Protection.
  6. Close SecurityCenter.
0 Kudos
janabaker
Level 7

this is all just too much to have to do and go through. before these lasts posts i tried getting customer service on line. it told me i must run their troubleshooter before i could go any further. i clicked on it and tried to run it. after about an hour, i got the blue screen of death. thanks McAfee. So, needless to say, the rest of the night was spent trying to just get my computer back on. i ended up restoring the computer to a previous day. i went to my account and downloaded my subscription again. after it was done, i right clicked my icon and verified my subscription. all of the "red" lights disappeard and it seems to be ok now. when i get home tonight, or if this problem reappears, i will try your resolutions above. This needs fixed. it is very frustrating and will drive a person to Norton.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Good luck You can call them direct or if it comes back post here and I will organise a tech to contact you.

0 Kudos
janabaker
Level 7

Thank you very much, Mr. Peacekeeper.

0 Kudos