cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drjohn
Level 7

Problems with latest update to Security Center

Recently Mcafee security Center updated to a new look and since then I have been having problems.

Everytime Mcafee updates or whenever a program wants access to the internet I get these large pop-up windows that say " software has been updated" or "program wants Internet access" These windows do not resond to any mouse clicks, so I can't click on "always allow" etc, also the windows won't close so they just sit there all the time.

This is very frustrating and I am now getting to the point of just getting rid of McAfee altogether.

Technical support has been absolutely NO HELP at all, but that is another story.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA

John

11 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Problems with latest update to Security Center

Sorry for the inconvenience John, could you please let us know what is the operating system & version of Internet Explorer that you use on your computer?

0 Kudos
drjohn
Level 7

My OS is windows XP Home Edition 2002 with SP 3. I have IE 8.0.6001.18702 also I occasionally use FireFox 3.6.10

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi John,

Could you please Click  Preferences in firefox , then click Privacy.After that, go to the Private Data section and click settings. After that, you can confirm or cancel. On the main dialog, click the Clear Now... to clear things just then or without the Ask me... checked, it will clear it everytime you quit. Restart the computer once and then let us know if you still face the issue.

Firefox.JPG

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
drjohn
Level 7

Dinesh,

Thanks for the reply . Unfortunately I can't find the "private data section" in Firefox. In my version I have an Options -> Privacy tab but the window looks like thisfirefox-privacy.jpg There is no private data section with a settings button. I thought maybe the "clear recent history" might have something but am not sure what to set.

Any further information would be appreciated.

John

0 Kudos
snowyg
Level 9

Hi drjohn,

i want to ask you to try something.

Can you try disable "access protection" from SC and check after restart if you still face the same problem.

Please update on the following.

0 Kudos
drjohn
Level 7

snowyg,

I tried to disable "access protection but SC won't let me turn it off. I uncheck the box and click on apply but nothing happens. when I restart and go back the box is still checked. This is the same problem that I have with a lot of the messages that pop-up from SC they don't seem to respond to my mouse clicks.

snowyg
Level 9

Hi again,

Thats very weird.Can you tell me OS you use and Video Card specs.

Thanks in advance i have an idea but i want to confirm it first.

0 Kudos
drjohn
Level 7

My OS is XP Home edition 2002 version with SP 3

Display adapter is Radeon X300 128MB HyperMemory. I have dual monitors and Device manager also shows Radeon X300 128MB Hypermemory Secondary

John

0 Kudos
snowyg
Level 9

Hi again,

Thanks for the info.I will try to search some more info on both of them.It might be connected with some driver udpates.Have you tried reinstalling both of their drivers and to check if that can change the things.

0 Kudos