Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigJ
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 26

Re: Problem with tool drawers on home page

Ex_Brit wrote:

The only 2 options I see are when the installer offers either full or custom installation and I pick Custom as there are bits I don't want.

That's the only other way of getting Online backup installed if the SecurityCenter one isn't working.

I'll report that by the way.

Ok Peter I am using United States my account website and figured I would click on the two options offered. First one was Upgrade Storage which offered unliminited storage so I cancelled that and second was web resore which would recover files if I had already stored them so I cancelled that also. Did reinstall McAfee total Protection 2010 from my account for the 5th time and hopefully the last and now everything is installed including online backup if I ever want to use it. Thanks for your help and hopefully everything works correctly now.

Jerry

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 26

I didn't see those options, possibly because we use a central business account, but not too sure about that!

Anyway, glad you have everything you wanted now.

BigJ
Level 10
Message 23 of 26

Ex_Brit wrote:

I didn't see those options, possibly because we use a central business account, but not too sure about that!

Anyway, glad you have everything you wanted now.

Peter it was on my account page in u.s. above download button. I tried at first to custom install only online backup but after it removed every McAfee product installed and restarted computer I cancelled install. Had to go back to my account and click on download again and this time do a complete install. Anyway I do have all options available in my 2010 total protection. Alot of work but now am happy. Again thanks for your help with everyones problems on here. Some people like me appreciate your help.

Jerry

Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 26

I just realised it was there all the time, I just didn't see it...must be my age...LOL

Capture.JPG

Good luck!

Hi Ex_Brit;)

As reported on another thread I am back to having the missing Tools issue again.

Previously the problem first appeared on a machine when the update removed the Backup program. For some odd reason the tools went too.

This time same solution as before. Uninstalled McAfee Total Protection 2010 - reinstalled program from the CD - then hooked computer back up to the Internet and let it update.

The first time with this issue I uninstalled McAfee then I tried installing the program by letting the computer download it; this turned out to be the same 'damaged" version that I had uninstalled.

I would like to point out that most of these weird issues at McAfee started when they decided to give everyone the same new interface and versions.

Fortunately I have not had the McSvHost.exe problems some have had. I do have one computer that reboots as soon as it shuts down but haven't decided what the problem is on it. Just turning off the power supply, draining the charge by pushing the start button, and flipping the power switch back on keeps it shutdown for the night.

Have they ever figured out the problem(s)?

David

Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 26

As posted to your other question...

Either they magically appear after an update ot you can do the uninstall, MCPR removal (see Useful Links), reboot and reinstall to hasten the process.

Look for clues to that shut down issue in Event Viewer.