cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoBear
Level 7

Personal Information Protection

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, please move if necessary.

I've started using the Personal Information Protection module, but seem to be having problems, can anyone help?

I added an entry for my telephone number as an initial test, yesterday I actually needed to send my number to a website, I had a McAfee pop-up warning me that the info was about to be sent, I clicked OK expecting it to then go, but the number was replaced by a line of "*"/ The page rejected the info so I retyped it and tried to send again, the number was again replaced, but this time there was no pop-up. Eventually I had to switch off PIP before it would go.

I was logged in as an administrator on the PC, so expected this to work.

Any ideas?

thanks

Steve
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BalaSGS
Level 7

Hi,

Please provide the following information
What is the version of McAfee (all products)?
(You can find by clicking on about in the McAfee security center windows.)
What is the website to which you are submitting?
Is it happening with another website?
Please try and let us know.
0 Kudos
PoBear
Level 7

I'm running the following modules;

Security Center 9.3.137
VirusScan 13.3.115
Personal Firewall 10.3.106
SiteAdvisor 2.8.306
Parental Controls 11.3.103

I was logging the problem a problem on a BT web page, the link is below but might contain dynamic content, so it might not be reachable again!

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_afdpage.php?p_afd_id=8571&p_sid=tcDTlhrj&p_...

I've created a test entry for some data which I'll try and include in this page, see below

"ABCDEF"

Thanks

Steve
0 Kudos
PoBear
Level 7

A follow-on from my previous message. I added ABCDEF as an Other Information entry to test the system. As you can see the text was added to the message, problem is, this time it didn't even ask if I wanted to send, and yes, I checked that PIP was enabled.

Steve
0 Kudos
PoBear
Level 7

A second test with a Phone Number.

12345 678901
0 Kudos