Hi my first post here. Just need some help/advice/assistance on this case. Last week, I was going through my McAfee account security history, where I saw a list of various stuff being blocked by McAfee.
I saw the most recent blocked action, "The PC 18.104.22.168 tried to connect to TCP port 50651 on your PC without your permission". Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to look who this was (wish I had not)..
I typed the IP into Google and instead of doing a simple Google search, the option was on the IP address "site" itself. Instead of taking me to the website, it downloaded a file. I immediately deleted the said file.
I have since looked up the IP address properly since, and it seems to be associated with some company. I have ran several scans with both McAfee and Microsoft support emergency response tool, both found nothing on my PC (laptop).
Can you kindly give me some guidance/opinions on the matter please, any information I would be grateful.
I have done "Flush DNS"
Netstat Looks all fine
*To describe the download image, that appeared on the bottom of the screen as any download, it was the same as you'd get with the Windows image on "This PC", the small device and the Windows Icon.
*The size of the file deleted was 1KB (the image in the recycling bin was a blank page)
I guess you have did all TBS or steps. The particular ip would have been tried to sneak into you system and mcafee had blocked it. Make sure you have both mcafee and windows auto updates on so that they are up to date and your pc will be protected all the time.