cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation McAfee is running or not

Good afternoon,

I have installed McAfee Internet Security on my Surface Tablet running Windows10

Unfortunately McAfee does not provide any information it is running or not and therefore I need to run other protection software as well.

Of course I must be missing something, but what ?!?!?

Please advice

Lee

4 Replies
Magesh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: No confirmation McAfee is running or not

Hi @General-Lee 

Please ensure that McAfee is up to date and perform a scan to check for any internal suspicious threats,

Thanks,

Good morning Magesh,

Please be aware that McAfee keeps itself uptodate automatically. I just checked and that is indeed the case with McAfee Internet Security. Updates are automatically downloaded and installed.

I have no idea it is realy uptodate, I just assume that is the case, perhaps you can confirm.

McaFee Internet Security:
Version 16.0
Release Name 16.0 R28

McaFee Security  Center:
Affid 1045
Build 18.8.126
Last update 12/12/2020
Version 18.8

Regarding the threat scan, that is done automatically as well. But I just forced one as recommended.

Thanks

Anyone have any solution for this.

At the moment it seems that it is intended behavior of the McAfee to make it impossible to see it is running or not. 

Could anyone confirm ?

Thanks

I just talked to McAfee support in chat and rfeluctantly they recommended to Switch to Norton 360'

Too bad I have to spent another 20$. But at least i will have on-screen confirmation the Antivirus Software is running.

Special thanks to Magesh for his expert advice solving this issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community