Highlighted

Need help with Warnings and Errors

Jump to solution

Hi

I need help!!!

I am using McAfee LiveSafe

This is a new computer with Window 8.1

I keep getting the following Warning in Events

The maximum file size for session "McAfee.{E4367DA7-2B80-47f3-86D2-7626A18FC6F4}" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MCLOGS\ETW\mclogs.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 16777216 bytes.

Follow by an Error

Session "McAfee.{E4367DA7-2B80-47f3-86D2-7626A18FC6F4}" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

How do I fix this?

Thank you for any help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Need help with Warnings and Errors

Jump to solution

I am the person that started this thread.

After the last few post that have been made, I want to say that the McAfee Personel were quite helpful in resolving the issue.  Selvan in particular was quite helpful, he fixed the problem on my computer and there has been no more errors.  As for posting the fix, I watched him make the changes and I would not have been able to have done it on my own.

So a big Thank You to Selvan and McAfee Personel.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello Elizebeth.

This sort of thing is best dealt directly with by Technical Support and that is free of charge be phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.   I searched for similar examples to see if I could offer advice and came up empty-handed I'm afraid.

There is a chance that a technician may spot this, but I would strongly advise you to start a case with Technical Support as I suggested if only to get the problem registered.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi elizebeth,

I will be contacting you shortly. This is due to McAfee's error log file reaching Maximum size.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for getting back to me.

I figured that it had to do with file size, but I have no idea how to change it and couldn't find anything bysearching McAfee' Help section.

Hope you can help me.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

This has come up once before. It's an obscure bug, and I don't know if there's an easy workaround. Selvan will work with you to see if it can be fixed (or worked around).

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Still need help.  Can anyone solve?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi

I have sent a Private Message please respond..!

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

I have responded myself already to the private message you sent me and looking forward to your reply with how to fix this fault with the McAfee software.

Thanks

Highlighted

Jump to solution

WHY IN THE WORLD IS THIS BEING RESOLVED VIA PRIVATE MESSAGIING!!!   I've NEVER seen a Software Companies Tech Support be so shaddy with their assistance....

I also have this issue and more - ALL WITH MCAFEE, & ALL ON MY BRAND NEW LAPTOP (which should NEVER be having problems when the system is seriously brand new...

I'm not playing the private messaging BS.  I'd like to see someone from McAfee's Tech Support PROVIDE A PUBLIC RESPONSE with an ACCURATE & Effective Fix for this situation and every other one that's been listed within the past couple of months postings (as I have those issues also, too).

Thanks,

KeepMyStuffSafe

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/06/14 9:08:25 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community