cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaywalkerzz
Level 7

NEED HELP!!!!i cannot turn off the real-time scanning....

the thing is that i wanna turn off the real-time scanning  to copy sth that might be recognised as a virus. I followed the steps given by Mcafee help--- home /real-time scanning//real-time scanning settings.But i just cannot click on ''real-time scanning settings  '',which is always very annoying....    .NEED HELP!!!!!!!!      THANK U!!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: NEED HELP!!!!i cannot turn off the real-time scanning....

See the instructions on how to turn off VirusScan in this document:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
jaywalkerzz
Level 7

Thank you very much for your response!!

But ,apparently. the problem is not something you technician may have encountered ...hehe~~~~

i searched my problem at the tech support forum ,none of them are like mine....

The most annoying thing is that i cannot click on it,try to imagine that nothing pops out when you click on '' real-time scanning'' ,i guess the clicking is forbidden or something...

I wanna add some info:i bought McAFee together with my new laptop ''dell'' several days ago.

version of McAFee :14.5                 attached is the screen shot.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi there,

Could you please provide us with a screen shot of your real time virus scan (possibly with a good resolution on jpg format)

Also let us know the following information ;

What is the version of your virus scan ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
jaywalkerzz
Level 7

OH come on ......

AS I was writing this and preparing to upload a screen shot ,the problem was solved by itself-----i can click and change the settings now!!!

But still thank you very much for your support,  your work is much appreciated !

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Glad that you are OK now , please get back to us if it happens anymore.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos