cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superman
Level 7

My McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically work. It also won't open even I click the program in start manu.

Jump to solution

Hi,

McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically open on my toolbar after I turn on my laptop (Windows Vista with IE9).  I tried to click the short cut and the button on start manu.  But, none of them work.  I also removed and re-installed it.  Still doesn't work.  My case might be different from other people because I didn't see blank window.  Please help.  Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Re: My McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically work. It also won't open even I click the program in start manu.

Jump to solution

Hi,

It appears like this issue needs some more diagnostics, I have sent you an e-mail requesting for more details on the same. Kindly have it replied so that we can help you better on this issue.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
nish_rulez
Level 7

Re: My McAfee SecurityCenter won't automatically work. It also won't open even I click the program in start manu.

Jump to solution

Hi

Could you please let me know the below details:

Internet Explorer Version:

Cipher Strength:

Get the above details from "About Internet Explorer" which you can find in IE settings...

Also let me know if there is any major change happened to your OS, before u start seeing the issue with McAfee

Regards

Nish

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

and how did you uninstall via add/remove programs or win 7 equivalent or

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

Post dat and Mcafee  versions.

0 Kudos
superman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

I tried two different way to remvoe McAfee from my laptop, one via control panel and another by MCPR.  Neither of them work.

Since I can't open McAfee on my Vista laptop, I don't know its version.  But, my other two laptop (XP and Windows7 with same McAfee) work well, I guess McAfee security center version should be the same, 11.0, Build 11.0.678. 

Thanks!

Gary  

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

It appears like this issue needs some more diagnostics, I have sent you an e-mail requesting for more details on the same. Kindly have it replied so that we can help you better on this issue.

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Kindly update me with the McAfee status once after updating the McAfee Product.

Message was edited by: JaiPrakash on 24/8/12 4:45:28 AM CDT
0 Kudos
superman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Jai,

Sorry for my late response.  Actually, I replied McAfee's "Do not reply" email on 8/24.  Here is why I wrote in my email. 

The update took 2hrs and was still 0% last night.  So, I decided to reboot my laptop.  After reboot, it took about 3 mins for McAfee icon to show next on toolbar.  Then, I tried to update and full scan my pc.  Everything looks Ok now.  Thanks for you help!

Was the issue because of virus or program conflict?

Thanks!

Gary

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

There was a bad DAT out and that has now been fixed. What is your current DAT?

Good idea to run MVT as per

http://service.mcafee.com/faq/TS101446.htm

0 Kudos
superman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

The situation in the link you attached seems to be different from what I had.  Before Jai fixed the issue, McAfee securitycenter software could be removed and re-installed smoothly.  The problem was that the software seemed "hibernate".  I didn't see any error message or white window like other people have.  I just could not "turn it on".

0 Kudos
superman
Level 7

Jump to solution

My laptop has the same issue again.  I am pretty sure I didn't install any new software.  Could you please help again?

0 Kudos