cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blksith0
Level 7

Mcafee problems.

Hey Mcafee says Im not protected. Here look at the picture.

See and it was working 2 days ago, I think it updated and now its all weird.
Please help happy
0 Kudos
13 Replies
bua_ako
Level 7

not protected - multiple items disabled

hi,

please try running the mcafee virtual technician in my signature and post the Session ID here... we'll start from there... happy
0 Kudos
blksith0
Level 7

RE: not protected - multiple items disabled

Will I be giving away any important information if I give you the session ID?:confused::confused::confused:
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

yes you will be giving me info like OS version, IE version, exact error message that the virtual technician will provide...

with these information we can start troubleshooting... anyway if you are hesitant with running MVT or providing me the session ID so i could check on my end what exactly is the problem maybe we can start off with identifying other antivirus softwares listed in your programs that may provide conflicts with mcafee...

or

clicking on the fix button... Smiley Happy

i would appreciate it if you could post the session ID as it will greatly help in the troubleshooting process...
0 Kudos
blksith0
Level 7

Ok, so its 15682995
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

hi,

some of the files for your security center are missing according to the MVT result. please update your OS...

then please manually update your McAfee again (manual update).

hope this helps...
0 Kudos
blksith0
Level 7

Uh.. how do I do that?
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

to install check and isntall updates for the operating system please try this...

start>control panel>security center>check for updates

follow the instructions provided by windows update wizard... make sure to install critical and optional updates...

afterwhich, open your mcafee security center and on the upper left side click on the UPDATE button...

hope this helps...
0 Kudos
blksith0
Level 7

Okay I open the security center from the Control Panel. And now what do I click?

And, sorry for off topic, but how do I make it not email me everytime I get a response?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

what do you mean? :confused:
0 Kudos