cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McSvHost.exe cripples my PC

help - I am still having this problem with mcsvhost.exe crippling my PC. I've called support 3 diferent times, had support personnel uninstall/reinstall my McAfee products, but the problem keeps coming back. McSvHost.exe runs very high cpu and scans run very slow, my internet access is horrid and my email is very slow. When I go to Task Manager and kill off the McSvHost.exe things get better. From posts I see here, it seems something has happened and folks think this is a fixed issue. Can someone tell me what the 'fix' was? Cause I'm still broken. I'm on a Dell Inspiron 8600 running XP Pro, cable modem. I also notice the fan runs hot when this problem is occurring.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mistert
Level 7

Re: McSvHost.exe cripples my PC

Same problems here!

McSvHost and / or mcsheild, McSACore all hog massive ammounts of CPU - seems to be whenever my email client accesses my mail accounts and whenever I open a new IE window.

PC grinds to a halt - like being back on dial-up!!

Can anybody help!

0 Kudos

Do what I do: go into Task Manager and sort by CPU. Highlight mcsvhost.exe and kill it off. It will come back but won't hog as much CPU as before and your computer will behave better. I really wish McAfee would fix this issue so we didn't have to do this, but so far they seem to be silent. But they'll be glad to reinstall the same crap over and over for you ...

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Do you have nero scout installed?

0 Kudos
Mistert
Level 7

I eventually gave up with McAfee   & got Kaspersky FREE with my bank account.

BYE BYE McAfee - another client lost.

0 Kudos