Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 121 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

As I said Mcafee is contacting some users in this thread . there will be a fix or a reason for the issue soon but not all are getting this so something is the catalyst to cause it. I have been using 2010 since beta version day 1 and have not seen this issue. It was there on startup for the first release but was fixed in release 2 back in October.

Re the desktop icon should be fixed soon as well

mcscotty57
Level 9
Message 122 of 1,143

Only for statistics, my 3 PC have the same issue at shoutdown.

And more: McSvHost.exe uses a hight level of resources when we are navigating (40-90%).

And in one of these 3 PC, mchshield.exe uses ups to 99% of CPU when I work with videos. A singular issue, without solution yet.

I am thinking seriously go back to McAfee 9...

El mensaje fue editado por: mcscotty57 on 10/03/10 11:55:08 CST
spectron1
Level 7
Message 123 of 1,143

I have just installed Internet Security 2010 using Windows XP and guess what never had a problem with 2009 but the same shutdown error message 'click ok to terminate' like everyone else is getting on the shutdown screen (cannot therefore do a screen dump).  Just to let you know my PC does shut down after waiting a little longer even without clicking ok to terminate program. Judging by the number of posts to this problem,  I won't even bother doing a reinstall and I also did use the unistallation tool to completely remove 09 version. Come on McAfee, when will there be a fix available for this in the updates?

Does this mean also that because 2010 is buggy, am I open to internet security threats?

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 09/03/10 15:22:11 CST

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 14/03/10 05:06:47 CDT
bmazak
Level 7
Message 124 of 1,143

right click on the Icon go down to delete and well you know what to do then, right?

shelley3
Level 7
Message 125 of 1,143

Windows XP SP3..same darn error here "McSvhost.exe" upon shutdown.

Does anybody notice if it is worse when the Security level is set to Stealth mode?

Does anybody expect a fix soon?  I hope that we are still protected in the meanwhile (I hope that one of the previous posts was right).....sigh.

Should also mention that this was the online version that was automatically updated by McAfee.

Happy holidays to all!

Please hurry McAfee...we need this fix ASAP!!!!!

I don't feel that I want to disable anything yet at this point...

Shelley

Message was edited by: shelley3 on 4/4/10 8:22:02 AM CDT

Message was edited by: shelley3 on 4/4/10 8:23:54 AM CDT
wikkidgirl
Level 7
Message 126 of 1,143

having the same issue. pops up everytime i shut down my computer.never had any problems until i updated to 2010. i reinstalled and installed still getting same error.

Reliable Contributor
Message 127 of 1,143

Will refresh the tech's memory re this issue is still here. I will update here when I hear back

spectron1
Level 7
Message 128 of 1,143

Peacekeeper.  Are you having the same shutdown application error popup as everyone else is on this forum? Or are you just speculating? If so do you think it is related to a possible software confliction or program compatibility?  I assume that everyone here is running Windows XP,Vista, Mac ( if it can be used ) or any other Windows operating system that can be used with McAfee security 2010 for that matter.

Like everyone else here I just want a fix so that it can corrected.  I am not getting the same problems as in other users are

experiencing, Pc slowing down and the mysterious McAfee icon that cannot be deleted.  Good job now I bought an OEM version of 2010 on disc instead of downloading this expensively through McAfee when my 2009 expired.

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 14:51:16 CDT

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 14:52:52 CDT

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 14:53:50 CDT

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 15:02:43 CDT
k3tg
Level 14
Message 129 of 1,143

Peacekeeper & ExBrit

I must be an exception to the rule as I currently have not had any issues regarding this thread.

I should clarify I do not subscribe to the Total Protection package, only the 3 user Internet Security and I purchase directly from McAfee if this should help others to narrow the problem(s)

Message was edited by: k3tg on 3/18/10 3:25:40 PM CDT
Reliable Contributor
Message 130 of 1,143

Peacekeeper & ExBrit

I must be an exception to the rule as I currently have not had any issues regarding this thread.

I should clarify I do not subscribe to the Total Protection package, only the 3 user Internet Security and I purchase directly from McAfee if this should help others to narrow the problem(s)

I wonder how many of you have Parental controls setup. Any not getting this who has Internet security installed not Total protection?

Reading some of the posts even not installing anything bar Virusscan still causes issue so probably not the cause.

Does any1 not have XP and get this?

That is my version and I am on the beta 1 build ahead of you.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/03/10 6:32:26 AM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/03/10 6:33:40 AM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community