cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

No it is mcafee's new program not closing correctly and another 9 causes none viral as far as my info says.

Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 942 of 1,143

Hi, had the update on the 22nd, and after 2 shutdowns (22nd july evening & 23rd july evening) no error, and low and behold last night on shutdown (24th july) guess what !?!?! the error...

Mezzy

ps, seems to me that the update did "help" the issue if you like, but not cure it.

Also, my netbook STILL has not recieved its update.. and automatic updates are ON.

on 25/07/10 13:15:55 IST
Highlighted

The update is still throttled MY wifes PC still not there yet either

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 944 of 1,143

Same thing here - updated to the new SC on 7/22 , no shutdown errors , then in the early morning on 7/25 , the shutdown error hit again.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 945 of 1,143

So ,this error still goes on and on and on and STILL no fix.(68 pages and 133,000 views from as far back as Feb and still the problem exists)

I can't understand WHY people persist with McAfee. I've used McAfee products for over 10years and they've always been a no hassle easy to use product.But not any more.

I've moved on now , thank goodness and I'm now using. A nice ,hassle free ,FREE product.

Highlighted

Mate they are working on it as Somer mentioned and it appears it is not a single issue. More news tomorrow after our call.

I still say the issue is not significant ie damaging it is annoying but agree 6 mths is too long to have it.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 947 of 1,143

I am getting the same error message on shut down on Windows XP.

Has there been any resolution to this yet ?

I uninstalled / reinstalled mcafee total protection 2010 on 21st July after a seperate error kept popping up. At the time I was not aware the McSv Host.exe error was connected to McAfee.

Where do I find out which version of Security center I have ?

Highlighted

Open security centre, go to top right the navigation option then about on middle left.

Highlighted

Ok Mcafee is testing a fix. They are testing inhouse at the moment but they need a couple users who are getting this issue regularly. If you are interested in running the patch and trying it post back please. It is a beta software but will only be offerred if tested as ok internally

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 950 of 1,143

I still get the error almost every time I shutdown on my laptop.

I would be happy to install patch and report if it removes the error.

Regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community