Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 841 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

I'm confused by the 10.5 version number. What version number are you refering to? The Security Center?

I have Security Center 10.0, Virusscan 14.0, and Firewall 11.0, according to the about page.

Highlighted

Every product has a .5 in the version except Site Adviser ie security center 10.5 latest.

Agreed re ram as I said My son in Law's PC has it with 2gb and has it bad. Nearly every shutdown but he only saw it when I asked as he turned off the monitor immediately after clicking shutdown.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/07/10 7:36:35 PM
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 843 of 1,143

I'll just wait for the update. It apparently doesn't solve the problem anyway.

cburrows went 12 days after the update before he got the message again, but I wouldn't make too much of that. I've had extended periods without the error, but it always returns.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 844 of 1,143

Hi Gene,

I have exactly the same versions.  I'm sure it will update when appropriate.

I understand version updates are not available to everyone at the same time else it would probably end up crashing the update server

with so many trying to gain access.  The updates are 'staggered' to avoid this.

I'm happy to let it update to 10.5 when it decides to.

I haven't had the shutdown message for a couple of weeks now - touch wood.

Regards

Level 7
Message 845 of 1,143

Don't get overconfident.

I didn't get it for a couple of weeks either, but it's been back for the last 3 shutdowns. I never get the error message on a restart, only on shutdown, and I only normally shutdown once a day.

I does seem strange that I never see it on restarts. If others aren't getting the error on restarts, that might be something the programmers need to know.

Message was edited by: Gene on 7/4/10 1:09:19 PM CDT

Message was edited by: Gene on 7/4/10 1:12:43 PM CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 846 of 1,143

update you ASAP

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 847 of 1,143

Hi Folks,

As been said before there have been two issues, one connected with the update on Wed 21 April 2010 and one with the closedown message.

The update screwed my pc but McAfee have requested my receipt to cover the cost of returning it to working status again (which wasn't very much at all) and they have already extended my McAfee cover to 2012.

Once I am reimbursed the costs, I'll be perfectly happy with that.  I'm not into who to blame and who to sue culture.

The closedown error - maybe I've missed something but it doesn't actually do any harm does it?  It's a pain the the backside more than anything else.  As an ex goverment programmer, sometimes it can be a real pain to locate a problem with coding, especially when there appear to be several causes behind it.  It is quite correct to hold back on a fix till ALL of it is sorted.  Otherwise people will only moan that not all issues have been resolved.  Also performing Quality Checks can be very time consuming, if done properly.

I haven't put much on this thread because it seemed pointless - just needed to wait until McAfee have it sorted.

Additionally, my thanks to Peacekeeper and gang for helping and trying to ensure we are all updated as best as possible - it is appreciated.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 848 of 1,143

I am always getting problem with my browser, which giving immediate shutdown to all my web activities and a lost of all session was opened......I wondered if anything wrong I am doing or do to the McSvHost.exe and can I do about it....

Highlighted

Sorry is yours different as the issue we are talking about here is on shutdown a popup appears for 10 seconds and then goes away. It has no effect on the PC or data. Can you enlarge on what is your issue please.

Try resetting browser to default. IE has this option

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 850 of 1,143

I also still have Version 10.0 Build 10.0.580

I receive automatic updates, but have not had this update to version 10.5?

Why do we have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling to receive the update?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community