Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cburrows
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 761 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Thanks Gene for the excellent explanation.  I guess the only question I have for myself now is do I want to use Stealth Mode or not?  How about the rest of you out there on this post, do any of you use the Stealth Mode?  If you are using it, how do you like it?   Does it do anything to help eliminate the McSvHost.exe error?

Highlighted
daydreamer
Level 7
Message 762 of 1,143

Hi I have used stealth mode since day one and no it doesnt stop the Mcsvhost exe

error from appearing.

If a program wants access, I just get a mcafee  pop up asking for permission to connect, a quick click

and its gone.

Message was edited by: daydreamer on 27/05/10 19:29:29 IST
Wetmoref2
Level 9
Message 763 of 1,143

To All,

The desktop icon issue can be resolved. Search these boards for "desktop icon", you'll find a thread with a solution. The problem is in the registry, a script error associated with this "Access Protection" feature of McAfee 2010.

That Link I posted was the fix. I wonder if you missed a step so can you retry it please. The fix is said to work so if not try a chat sessions from teh Technical support link in Useful links tab about. They can remote to your PC and do it for you.

davideo0
Level 7
Message 765 of 1,143

It worked for me!

No desktop icon!

David

moop1519
Level 7
Message 766 of 1,143

Same for me! desktop short cut gone ,and since the last Mcafee update 4 days ago I have had no McSvHost error message

I would also like to thank Somer for her help in rectifying this issue.

Message was edited by: moop1519 on 5/23/10 8:19:43 AM CDT

I do not think it is gone we and some Techs are trying to get it released earlier than mid June but to date we have been not successful. I feel it will return on yours sorry. Mine occurs 1 shutdown in 20.

Fabio
Level 7
Message 768 of 1,143

I speak in my language (translate by Google):

"Scusa PeaceKeeper, ma sono stufo di dover terminare  ogni volta il file McSvhost.exe version 1.0.180.0 dal task manager per evitare l'errore che è ALWAYS presente!

Spero che i server ITALIANI siano aggiornati per poter scaricare il fix il prossimo June 2010!!

Mcafee è per me una società poco seria verso i suoi clienti soprattutto stranieri e in particolar modo italiani!"

Stiamo  cercando di ottenere una correzione in precedenza, ma a metà giugno a  fine Giugno sembra essere il momento in cui piano di caricare la  correzione.

In English

We are trying to get an earlier fix but June mid to late june seems to be the time they plan to load the fix.

MagicLight
Level 7
Message 770 of 1,143

No, the desktop icon.  I keep deleting it, and then it keeps coming back.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community